Can't download superboot because of periods in url?

This is a discussion on Can't download superboot because of periods in url? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm getting prepped for rooting and already have a problem -- when I get to step #4 on this page of very helpful instructions: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html ...

Thread: Can't download superboot because of periods in url?

Can't download superboot because of periods in url?

I'm getting prepped for rooting and already have a problem -- when I get to step #4 on this page of very helpful instructions:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

I go to the link here as instructed:
    22/Mar ERD79 -> EPE76 - Superboot - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

But when I try to download this link:
    http://www.romraid.com/paul/nexusone...boot-himem.zip

It just redirects to:
    News

I suspect it's because there's two periods in the filename (I can't even right click and save the file it tries to save an HTML part file). Any idea on how to fix this? I've tried in Firefox, Chrome and Explorer on Windows XP.

Is there anywhere else to get these files? I've searched and they all seem to point to the same place.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Sidenote: Man, this has me really nervous about doing this. I'm relatively experienced using technology (I think) but if I'm such a complete retard that I can't download a file... I feel like I'm going to brick my phone.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Fixed.

I installed Opera and finally was able to download the full file and not the 'html.part" that all the other browsers were pushing on me.

This is going to be an adventure.

So...3 days later...are you rooted? For others reading this thread, you can just download the superboot image directly from the Modoco thread:

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    So...3 days later...are you rooted? For others reading this thread, you can just download the superboot image directly from the Modoco thread:

Yup! Rooted and exploring the new system.

Which Superboot do I use for N1 OS 2.3.4 build GRJ22?

When I go out to this link, the list is mind blowing. which download do I need for the Nexus One on O/S 2.3.4 GRJ22?

08/Mar - Superboot ERD79 -> GRI40 - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

Thanks!

Doesn't look like there is one for GRJ22

If you want to root and you have an unlocked bootloader just fastboot flash a recovery then flash su from recovery. If you chose to try this method just ask and I will provide more details and links.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links