Can't Mount USB unless Debugging turned on?

This is a discussion on Can't Mount USB unless Debugging turned on? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I can't mount the USB Storage onto my computer if USB Debugging is turned off. It worked before but all of a sudden it stopped ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Mount USB unless Debugging turned on?

Can't Mount USB unless Debugging turned on?

I can't mount the USB Storage onto my computer if USB Debugging is turned off. It worked before but all of a sudden it stopped working, didn't flash anything or whatever. Help please!
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

what os are you running on your computer?

I had my usb drivers go wonky on me, so I used this to delete all previous installs and reinstall the drivers from scratch. If you're running windows, i would download USBDeview from here:

USBDeview - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system

With your N1 unplugged, this will show all hidden and previously installed usb drivers on your computer. Select all that have the device name "Nexus One" and delete them. If there are any entries left with the serial# HT9XXXXXXXXX, select and delete them as well. Reboot the computer. Now, with USB Debugging turned off, plug the phone into your USB cable. Windows should automatically detect and install drivers. When it's done, unplug the phone...while unplugged turn on USB debugging. Plug it back into the USB cable. Again, windows will find some drivers and install them...all but the adb driver. You will want to invoke the install from disk feature. Seek android_winusb.inf out in your adb directory and install; mine is here "C:\android\usb_driver" but yours may be in a different place...

Now all of your N1 drivers should be cleanly reinstalled...maybe wouldn't hurt to reboot again, but it shouldn't be necessary. Did that work?

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    I had my usb drivers go wonky on me, so I used this to delete all previous installs and reinstall the drivers from scratch. If you're running windows, i would download USBDeview from here:

USBDeview - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system

With your N1 unplugged, this will show all hidden and previously installed usb drivers on your computer. Select all that have the device name "Nexus One" and delete them. If there are any entries left with the serial# HT9XXXXXXXXX, select and delete them as well. Reboot the computer. Now, with USB Debugging turned off, plug the phone into your USB cable. Windows should automatically detect and install drivers. When it's done, unplug the phone...while unplugged turn on USB debugging. Plug it back into the USB cable. Again, windows will find some drivers and install them...all but the adb driver. You will want to invoke the install from disk feature. Seek android_winusb.inf out in your adb directory and install; mine is here "C:\android\usb_driver" but yours may be in a different place...

Now all of your N1 drivers should be cleanly reinstalled...maybe wouldn't hurt to reboot again, but it shouldn't be necessary. Did that work?

I am going to try this, should help my situation.
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

You will want to invoke the install from disk feature. Seek android_winusb.inf out in your adb directory and install; mine is here "C:\android\usb_driver" but yours may be in a different place...

Once I find the android_winusb.inf file how do I install it?
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

I've created a pdf of full instructions with screen captures. You can download it here:
    4shared.com - document sharing - download ADB install instructions.pdf

That should be pretty clear...

When I got the the place where you plug the phone in with USB debuging "on" windows said there was an error installing device software.
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Ignore this...outdated info!

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Wait a second...are you on win 7 64bit?? If so you need 64bit usb drivers! Go here:
    http://djdoprkngutub.cloudfront.net/usb_driver.zip
    Or search on xda for "android sdk usb 64bit"...

Yep 64bit 7 When I unzip that file what do I do with it? i am not familiar with drivers.
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

The USB driver for Windows, Revision 3 (January 2010) adds support for the Nexus One and supports both 32 and 64bit win systems. When you update the SDK, the rev 3 driver will be downloaded and placed here: C:\AndriodSDK\usb_driver
    If you follow the pdf you should be good. If Win7 64bit still throws an error about the rev 3 driver, follow these instructions:

1. Enable "usb debugging" in the phone via settings men through Settings > Application > Development
    2. Plug in the phone to your USB cable.
    3. Locate the device via control panel "view devices". Nexus One should be found there but with a "!" on it.
    4. Right click on it. Choose properties on the device and then choose properties again on the windows you just opened.
    5. Go to the "Driver" tab. Choose "update driver".
    6. Point it to where you have installed the Android SDK (Should be C:\AndroidSDK\usb_driver and make sure the "include subfolders" actually is selected).

That should work...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links