No wifi

This is a discussion on No wifi within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kc.rkitek Gotcha...you're right about the bcm4239.ko (wifi driver) file, I just got the impression OP was running a stock N1. Guess I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No wifi

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Gotcha...you're right about the bcm4239.ko (wifi driver) file, I just got the impression OP was running a stock N1. Guess I should have asked if it was rooted/custom first.

If it is rooted, xAndr00 may be correct with this fix. I can't verify this is true since I don't have the issue, but you could try to find a "clean" bcm4239.ko file and push it as he mentioned. You can also get this file from here:
    http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...2.1-update.zip
    Just extract the zip and you'll find a bcm4239.ko in there.
    I had the same issue as him (I believe) and when i turned on wifi it said "unable to start wifi service" or something to that effect. OP should probably get on and give us some more information lol

No wifi

Hi, everyone

First I have to tell you guys I am totally in the dark. Cuz I don't have any idea what the heck you talking about, sorry. Second my apology to you for not mentioning that the phone was rooted first in order to change the language of the messages I am receiving. :nexusx::nexusx::nexusx:

Ok...so you're rooted. We got that sorted out. From the sounds of it, something went awry in mod you attempted to install. Now let us know some other info so we can try to help...let's play 20 questions.

Are you 100% certain the bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted?
    Did you do the unlocking/rooting or someone else?
    If you did it, you have the Android SDK installed on your computer, right?
    Did you update the radio? Did someone else?
    Do you have a custom ROM installed?
    If yes, which one?
    What exactly did you install...since you're in Kuwait, I'd guess Arabic/Farsi language support? Or maybe some other language?
    Could you let us know what exactly you installed and how you installed it?

Go to Settings>About Phone and tell us everything you see below Model Number, like what I've bracketed in this pic:

We're really trying to help you sort this out, but it's going to be much more helpful and efficient if you can give us all of this information upfront so we can all stop guessing and start troubleshooting!

I'm starting to think we're going to to have to guide you through a full wipe, maybe a radio update, reinstall a custom ROM that supports the mods your trying to make (CyanogenMOD probably), reinstall google apps, and your language support mod. I think this would be the most beneficial course of action because first, we should be able to knock out this issue very quickly, second, you'll have a "clean slate" to work with, and third, you'll get to learn a little about how to maintain the software on your phone.

Does anyone else have anything to add?

No wifi

Guys you're great, I know you're trying to help , and I like you to know I appreciate that.

I did not do the unlocking/rooting, someone else.
    The Andriod SDK installer is on my pc.

Check this link,I hope it will help you help me and others.

http://www.nexusoneforums.org/nexus-one-general-discussion/808-arabic-nexus-one.html

Info. below Model Number are:
    firmware v. 2.1-update 1
    baseband v. 32.24.00.22u_4.03.00.21_2
    kernel v. 2..6.29-gad36b87
    android-build@apa26#1
    build number ERE27

Ok...from the looks of it, you do not have a custom ROM and your radio is the latest official OTA release from Google. The thread you linked there seems to contain some outdated releases also. I'll see if I can put together a package of files and a tutorial for you to get updated and running again.

In the mean time, I recommend you read these threads:
    Arabic/Farsi Language on nexus one.2 March 2010 - xda-developers
    Full Arabic Support on Nexus One - (Update Feb 14 - ERE27 & ERE36B Success) - xda-developers
    And finally, the google code page for "Arabicandroid":
    arabicandroid - Project Hosting on Google Code

Be patient w/ me...I'm at work now, but I'll try to get something to you by the end of the day!

One more question, BigBang...
    Are you running Windows OS on your computer? This will help me with the tutorial...

Since you haven't responded yet, I'm going to assume you are...especially since that's the only method I know!

Ok, BigBang...I typed up a tutorial for you and left it here for you to download:
    4shared.com - document sharing - download BigBangUpdate.pdf

It involves the following:
    1. downloading the correct files & what to do with them.
    2. updating your recovery image to the latest Amon-RA (v1.70)
    3. a nandroid backup in recovery
    4. a full wipe in recovery
    5. flashing the latest CyanogenMod rom in recovery
    6. flashing the Google apps addon in recovery
    7. flashing the N1 supported Arabic support files in recovery
    8. and a couple other tips...

I explain the entire process in detail in the pdf linked above...I really think I wrote this tutorial for someone who has "no tech. background", but if you start performing the steps and have troubles let us know.

I think this is the best way to not only solve the fundamental problem, but to also get you updated. Besides, you NEED to be familiar with this process since your unlocked/rooted phone won't get updates from Google anymore! I know this all seems foreign to you now, but I assure you there's really nothing to be worried about. Just follow the guide step-by-step and you'll be golden.

If you're completely freaked out about this and don't want to proceed with it, let me know and we'll just try the idea xAndr00 posted.

Either way, keep us posted...I'm looking forward to hearing some positive results!

Hi, kc.rkitek

My apology for not answering on time. There is also the factor of time difference.
    Your guess is Wright Öits Widows.
    Thanks for the info.
    Iíll keep you posted either way.

Smile There was no wifi, now there is

Hi, kc.rkitek

Thank you kc.rkitek; you made my day.. man.
    It took me long time to follow the instructions but I did it. There were a couple of broken links, but I managed to solve that problem.
    In general your instructions were very clear and obviously working.

I really appreciate your help and the help from the other members.

Thank you so much.

Glad to help! So, to be clear...you have Arabic support and the WiFi working?

As I mentioned in post#4 of this thread, you still may want to enable the 13-channel WiFi protocol if it's not already. You may find some access points in Kuwait that are using channel 12/13 and your phone probably won't recognize them. Here's how to change that:

1. on your phone, go to Settings>Wireless & networks>Wi-Fi Settings

2. hit the menu soft-key and select "Advanced"

3. Select "Regulatory domain" and select "13 channels"

4. hit the menu soft-key again and select "Save"

5. reboot your phone.

Now, you should be able to receive any European WiFi signal regardless of channel settings. Best of luck to you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links