No wifi

This is a discussion on No wifi within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I ordered my unlocked Nexus One about one month ago. It was working fine until I tried to change the message language in the phone, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No wifi

Angry No wifi

I ordered my unlocked Nexus One about one month ago. It was working fine until I tried to change the message language in the phone, the wifi stopped working. I tried to factory restore it more than one time but the phone wifi still did not work.
    Can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What country are you in? This may affect the regulatory domains setting in the advanced wifi settings...

Angry No wifi

Hi, kc.rkitek

I am in Kuwait. I had no problem with the phone, I used the wifi in it for about 10 days. I downloaded few apps from the market.

I have no tech. backgound, but I know there is no restriction in using the phone in Kuwait.

Well, I don't really have a tech background either...I'm just a lowly architect. What I do know is that there are different regulated standards for WiFi in different countries. By default, I think this phone is set to use North American/FCC standards, however Kuwait is a member of the ETSI.

European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) is an independent, non-profit organization that produces telecommunications standards for most (maybe all?) of Europe and is officially responsible for standardization of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) within Europe. These technologies include telecommunications, broadcasting and related areas...including WiFi standards.

The ETSI employs a 13 channel system (there's a table here:SpeedGuide.net :: WLAN Primer)
    while North America/FCC employs a 11 channel system. My guess is that your phone is set to use 11 channels and it should be set to 13.

Try this...go to Settings>Wireless&networks>Wi-Fi Settings and hit the menu soft key again. Select Advanced then "Regulatory domain". If it's not already set to "13 channels", select that. Hit the menu soft key again and select "Save". Reboot the phone just for fun. Does it connect now? If not, try selecting a wireless network you've connect to before (that's currently in range) and select "Forget". Select it again and reenter the key if it's secured.

Does that help anything?

Also, look into this if you have WiFi reconnection issues:
    Another Nexus One Wifi Tip The Artistic Mathematician
    It may not have anything to do with your issue, but it wouldn't hurt to explore other avenues...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
    I ordered my unlocked Nexus One about one month ago. It was working fine until I tried to change the message language in the phone, the wifi stopped working. I tried to factory restore it more than one time but the phone wifi still did not work.
    Can anyone help?
    What rom are you running? you need to push a .ko file if you're running the new cyanogen rom. Download 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download undervoltedkern.zip then put the bcm4329.ko file into your Android SDK folder /tools. and push the bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules by putting "adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules"

What rom are you running? you need to push a .ko file if you're running the new cyanogen rom. Download 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download undervoltedkern.zip then put the bcm4329.ko file into your Android SDK folder /tools. and push the bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules by putting "adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules"
    Pardon my ignorance, but how does an overclocking/undervolting kernel help with wifi connectivity? He never said he was rooted or had a custom rom...

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how does an overclocking/undervolting kernel help with wifi connectivity? He never said he was rooted or had a custom rom...
    Nothing, It's the only file i could find that included the bcm4329.ko if you unzip the file the .ko file will be in there. if he doesn't have the wifi drivers (.ko file) then that might be the reason why it's not getting wifi. OP didn't give ANY information at all so it's kind of hard to troubleshoot. Just trying to be helpful

Gotcha...you're right about the bcm4239.ko (wifi driver) file, I just got the impression OP was running a stock N1. Guess I should have asked if it was rooted/custom first.

If it is rooted, xAndr00 may be correct with this fix. I can't verify this is true since I don't have the issue, but you could try to find a "clean" bcm4239.ko file and push it as he mentioned. You can also get this file from here:
    http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...2.1-update.zip
    Just extract the zip and you'll find a bcm4239.ko in there.

I know this may sound stupid but just try resetting/restarting your router and then try connecting again. You may be surprised how much that can fix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links