Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 v.s. MoDaCo Desire Rom

This is a discussion on Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 v.s. MoDaCo Desire Rom within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; On my introduction thread someone wanted to know the difference between the two ROMS so I'm going to attempt my best to list the things ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 v.s. MoDaCo Desire Rom

Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 v.s. MoDaCo Desire Rom

On my introduction thread someone wanted to know the difference between the two ROMS so I'm going to attempt my best to list the things included in the ROMS.

Cyanogen 5.0.5.3:
    - Many kernels to use for over clocking and undervolting. (Diet Kernel for Nexus One (CM 5.0.5.3), incl. undervolting+OC + TEST AVS SUPPORT! - xda-developers this one in particular gives me the best battery life) [[NON EXPERIMENTAL ONLY]]
    - Trackball color change notification
    - Trackball wake (press trackball to wake up device)
    - 2.1 stock android look
    - App2sd
    - 360-degree auto-orientation

MoDaCo Desire:
    - Android 2.1 with sense ui
    - pinch to zoom homescreen
    - nice camera application
    - App2sd

If anyone can help me add it would be awesome. I can't really think of anything at the moment.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

modaco's baked kitchen version of cyans 5.0.5.3 has desire camera app as an option on it

Cyanogen ftw. I don't care about all that pretty jibba jabba. I like stability.

nice! thx for this andr00 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    nice! thx for this andr00 :P
    no problem. it's not full yet but i'm building it. I haven't tried any other roms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Cyanogen ftw. I don't care about all that pretty jibba jabba. I like stability.
    I like both at times. My girlfriend is getting an HTC EVO 4G and it has sense UI, so I'm going to be jealous...

i like more stable and less battery usage.... so, if not blackdroid, im going for cyanogenmod

Until Modaco is bug-free I'm stickin wit Cyanogen
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I prefer Sense UI. Also, all those kernels you mentioned can be used on Sense UI. You just have to push them. I have the 1113mhz mod with audioboost on mines.

And Sense is stable. I can only speak for myself. I'm at 12 half hours and battery is at 53%. I haven't plugged in it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
    I prefer Sense UI. Also, all those kernels you mentioned can be used on Sense UI. You just have to push them. I have the 1113mhz mod with audioboost on mines.

And Sense is stable. I can only speak for myself. I'm at 12 half hours and battery is at 53%. I haven't plugged in it since then.
    I didn't know that the kernels were stable on MoDaCo's Desire rom.. I personally love Sense UI, I just wish that GPS would work correctly on it. I flashed back Cyanogen and the gps worked fine. MoDaCo's Desire rom will fix those issues in no time and that'll be my primary rom

p.s. how did you get it to last that long? and what radio are you using on it? Gps takes about 6-9 minutes to do navigation on my desire r21 rom.

Woah, just noticed that my thread was moved. My apologies to the mods, i thought this would be alright in the general section. Thank you for moving it to the correct directory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links