Best Rom besides cyanogen

This is a discussion on Best Rom besides cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys im wondering what other roms everyone is using besides cyanogen? That is what i'm running now but my battery life suddenly dies quickly ...

Thread: Best Rom besides cyanogen

Best Rom besides cyanogen

Hey guys im wondering what other roms everyone is using besides cyanogen?

That is what i'm running now but my battery life suddenly dies quickly at time. It depends on the day. On some days i have a 15hr battery life and this week, it happened twice, where the phone died in like 3-4 hrs. Very weird.

im running cyanogen 5.0.5.3 and 2.6.33.1 kernel

Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rontej226 View Post
    Hey guys im wondering what other roms everyone is using besides cyanogen?

That is what i'm running now but my battery life suddenly dies quickly at time. It depends on the day. On some days i have a 15hr battery life and this week, it happened twice, where the phone died in like 3-4 hrs. Very weird.

im running cyanogen 5.0.5.3 and 2.6.33.1 kernel

Any suggestions?
    Try the Undervolt Kernel. It keeps the Stock speed but reduces the amount of voltage to the CPU thereby increasing battery life.
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Also try using the app Spare Parts to identify what's causing the battery drain. If you're running CM, it should already be installed (I think).

When you notice that it's draining too quickly, fire up that app, and click on "Battery history". There should be 2 buttons...change the top one to "Partial wake usage" and bottom one should be on "Since last unplugged". Naturally, if your phone is plugged in there will be no stats. Maybe try "Total in all time" also...

That might help you track down the culprit that's using up all your battery power...

Thanks. I'm going to try and install
    [Kernel - .33]intersectRaven's Kernel
    i'm also considering about maybe installing modaco's rom instead as i heard it has better battery life.
    I'm also thinking about the radio but everyone in the forums seems scared to do so. I'll stay away.

There's really nothing that complicated about the flashing the radio...just have the battery charged to 100% and don't unplug or remove the battery in the process of flashing it. Admittedly, I was a little freaked to do it the first time, but it's not bad if you follow the instructions precisely.

Use the EPE54B image linked in Cyanogen's forum, and run a MD5 checksum on it to make sure it's a clean download. If you don't know how to check the MD5 and you're running windows, download this simple program , install it, and you can right-click on the image file, go to the digestIT 2004 flyout, and "calculate" the MD5 hash. Then compare the response to the MD5 he has listed in the thread...if they match, you're good.

updated the radio and the signal already seems a lot better when i put my hand over the phone. Next will be to update the kernel. As you can see, I just go for it lol.

I am now thinking of trying Enom's rom as i'm hearing great things about it.

Congrats...see, not so hard! If you're interested there are several different OC/UV kernels out there. I'm using Pershoot's mod based on the 2.6.33.2 kernel and I think it's pretty sweet:
    Kernel 2.6.33.2 ? OC-UV-RAM (1.13GHZ) ? Nexus - Droid Basement
    Just use it in conjunction with SetCPU ...you can set up profiles in SetCPU to help reduce battery usage depending on the phone sleeping, charging, whatever.
    Watch this vid for more info on saving battery with SetCPU and Power Manager Pro:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt3H75qnupA]YouTube - Get Better Battery Life[/ame]

Benefits of Cyanogen 7 ? I now have Cyanogen 6.

Hello,

I am now using Cyanogen 6 and wonder if I should flash Cyanogen 7 ?

Can you tell me what will be the benefits ?

I have an old Nexus 1 Google.

The only problem i have with my actual mod is that the camera sometimes freezes when I push the button to take a photo.

Everything else is perfect.

Thank you for your help.

And what about Ice cream sandwich for Nexus 1, should I wait a stable release or it might never come ?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links