Best battery saver kernel for CyanogenMod?

This is a discussion on Best battery saver kernel for CyanogenMod? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; yeah... im using the diet kernel from here [Kernel - 33.2][DIET] CM 5.0.6 based, 8 MB Extra, Undervolting, 1.1 GHz OC, AVS - xda-developers the ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best battery saver kernel for CyanogenMod?

Best battery saver kernel for CyanogenMod?

yeah... im using the diet kernel from here [Kernel - 33.2][DIET] CM 5.0.6 based, 8 MB Extra, Undervolting, 1.1 GHz OC, AVS - xda-developers

the stable one and i want to know which one is the best (i dont know any other) for stability and battery save.

Thx

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

You should try the one by intersectraven from the same site. He combines static and auto voltage adjustment in one kernel. His hybrid ones set a max volt for specific clock speeds and allow downscaling from that amount.

i wrote a blog post about it Undervolting the nexus one - Adrian Cantrill's Blog you should try it.

I'm currently on the 800mV one - seems rock solid for me at least.

i tried the 950mV from the site and it crashed the phone in 2 minutes, then i put the one without AVS

how stable is urs???

battery usage....

im not using 3g cos here on chile sucks badly and this is with a normal usage, not playing too much, using foursquare, twidroid, uploading pictures, taking pictures and videos

the last one i just take it :P

Damn you Stretchin that Battery out!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

im the way that if i dont need a fast connection why use 3g??

anyways... my 3G connection isnt working very well, dont know if i need a radio flash or its my carrier network with problems because of the earthquake (i talked with the carriers and they r fixing it)

damn...19hrs and still at 52% ?!? that's nuts...and obviously highly optimized! do you run setcpu with that kernel or does it scale clock speed and voltage automatically?

i was using CM 5.0.5 with the Diet OC/UV kernel from xda w/o avs and setcpu, using edge and gprs, not 3G (here in chile sucks) with a normal use, taking pictures and videos, auto brightness some use over tapatalk and foursquare, with auto sync and gtalk opened.

Now i have CM 5.0.6 with a AVS/SVS kernel 900mV (the lowest that worked on my phone) [Kernel - .33.2]intersectRaven's Kernel (new Hybrid AVS) 04/17/2010 11:35am - xda-developers with setcpu with the same usage exept for pictures and videos and im at 86% with almost 9hrs of usage :P

i still dont know which kernel is better... the one w/o AVS from the first one or the one with AVS and SVS from the second

I would love to try this, but have a couple nooby / basic questions:

1. When you install a kernel, it is just like flashing the google add on when intially installing cyanogen?

2. Anybody have a guide for adb remount and adb push bcm4329.ko ?

Thanks. I'm new to this stuff, and having difficulty figuring things out.

i've installed Diet 850-avs. So far over 15 hours of battery life with 52 %. BTW at my last charge i was only at 82% =). It seems stupid good.

I have set cpu and process manager pro running. Note the phone was sleeping for 7 hours or so at night. But still, it seems to waste no to little battery.

Not sure how the hypbrid would do. keep me updated!

I'm using this one now:
    Kernel 2.6.33.2 ? OC-UV-BTN-AUD-RAM-VFP_FP (1.113GHZ) ? Nexus - Droid Basement

My SetCPU settings are pretty liberal, but I still went 48 hrs before getting to 15% with moderate use. I'm happy with that performance!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads