Question about UV

This is a discussion on Question about UV within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm currently using CM 5.0.5.3, and I want to try Undervolting my Nexus one. I tried some of the UV kernel, but the WIFI stop ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about UV

Question about UV

I'm currently using CM 5.0.5.3, and I want to try Undervolting my Nexus one. I tried some of the UV kernel, but the WIFI stop working afterward. So I nandroid restored. Can some one point me to the right direction? or Link to the right files that I need. Please help. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been looking into nexus one undervolting myself - i wrote a blog post on how its done, have a read and ask me any other questions you need.

Undervolting the nexus one - Adrian Cantrill's Blog

Thanks. This is working out pretty good. My phone would lock up if I let the phone sleeps for a few minutes on the 800mV kernel. So I'm using the 850mV kernel and it seems to be pretty stable.

i couldnt use the 850mV just keep rebooting... bu i didnt clear the battery cache... dont know how... but i think im fine with the 900mV... 9 hrs and 91% :P

My question about UV is just how it works. Anyone have any documentation about it? It just seems like feeding a chip less voltage than it was designed for is a bad idea that could have less than desirable consequences.

The worst UV can do is reboot and crashes. If that happens, just do a nandroid restore. It's like what we do with PC's CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by wormbaby View Post
    I'm currently using CM 5.0.5.3, and I want to try Undervolting my Nexus one. I tried some of the UV kernel, but the WIFI stop working afterward. So I nandroid restored. Can some one point me to the right direction? or Link to the right files that I need. Please help. Thanks.
    When you flashed the UV kernel did you also push the associated .ko file? That would cause the WiFi to not work if you didnt...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Kluggy View Post
    My question about UV is just how it works. Anyone have any documentation about it? It just seems like feeding a chip less voltage than it was designed for is a bad idea that could have less than desirable consequences.
    Search XDA Developers Forum for this information.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    When you flashed the UV kernel did you also push the associated .ko file? That would cause the WiFi to not work if you didnt...
    if he flashed in from recovery using the zip, the .ko file is already where it needs to be (tested on mine)

I do have one question if any of you here know, is it possible to mount /system to be seen on my computer? i selected the mount option from recovery but it does not see it, it only sees /sdcard when i select mount for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Imsohungry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    if he flashed in from recovery using the zip, the .ko file is already where it needs to be (tested on mine)

I do have one question if any of you here know, is it possible to mount /system to be seen on my computer? i selected the mount option from recovery but it does not see it, it only sees /sdcard when i select mount for that one.
    Anytime you Flash a Custom Kernel you Should ALSO Push the Associated .ko file. If you don't you Could Run into Problems. If you just flash a Kernal from recovery the .ko file STILL needs to be pushed.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links