Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

This is a discussion on Rolling Back to Stock ROM? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kc.rkitek You know, instead of going back to stock, you could just switch over to the Cyanogen rom... v5.0.6 just came out ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    You know, instead of going back to stock, you could just switch over to the Cyanogen rom... v5.0.6 just came out and it's pretty nice!
    I might just do that, I'm trying to read up on how to add themes as I really like the black notification bar from Sense. Also I wanted to know how to go back to stock because I'll be going back depending on whats included in Google's next update. I just couldn't wait that long and since I had already unlocked my bootloader I was like heck why not just give rooting a go.

I'm running it now...with an OC/UV kernel... and it's flying. If it stays stable, I'm probably going to flash my old theme back on tonight...I like the black/white look:

[Theme] O))) - Version 0.05.4/3 - CM 5.0.6/Enomther 1.8.1/MCRr13 [04-15] - xda-developers

It appears to be updated to support the new CM rom too...

So to flash Cyanogen I'll have to do a wipe and then flash the ROM into my phone correct?

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    So to flash Cyanogen I'll have to do a wipe and then flash the ROM into my phone correct?
    What I'd do to get it up and running (no mods/themes, you can add later):

1. Back you're personal data...even your gmail contacts on your computer browser. This is not necessary...just a precaution.

2. Go to this link:
    Cyanogenmod For Nexus One V5.0.6 (04/15/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum

a. Download the rom "Latest version: 5.0.6-N1 - 04/15/2010" and verify md5sum... download this program to do that
    b. Download the gapps "Google Addon: EPE54B"
    c. put those files on your SD card (the root of it, not in a folder)

3. Turn off phone and boot into recovery (hold vol-down + press power)
    a. nandroid backup just for fun, you can always delete it later.
    b. wipe...every option available.
    c. flash from zip file...rom first, then gapps addon.

4. Reboot, reenter google acct info, reinstall market apps, & benefit from CM goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    What I'd do to get it up and running (no mods/themes, you can add later):

1. Back you're personal data...even your gmail contacts on your computer browser. This is not necessary...just a precaution.

2. Go to this link:
    Cyanogenmod For Nexus One V5.0.6 (04/15/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum

a. Download the rom "Latest version: 5.0.6-N1 - 04/15/2010" and verify md5sum... download this program to do that
    b. Download the gapps "Google Addon: EPE54B"
    c. put those files on your SD card (the root of it, not in a folder)

3. Turn off phone and boot into recovery (hold vol-down + press power)
    a. nandroid backup just for fun, you can always delete it later.
    b. wipe...every option available.
    c. flash from zip file...rom first, then gapps addon.

4. Reboot, reenter google acct info, reinstall market apps, & benefit from CM goodness!

Man you been great help, you made it sound so easy. But yeah I'm most def. going to give it a try.

well, since you already are unlocked and have a custom recovery image installed, it is pretty easy! It's just time consuming to reinstall all the market apps and adjust your settings all over again.

fortunately, there are some new features in the CM v5.0.6 that makes syncing with the market easier if you ever wipe again in the future. Plus, I'd strongly recommend the following apps to help with future backups:
    Titanium Backup - for your apps...it will batch backup/restore apps
    MyBackup Pro - for your data...(contacts, call log, bookmarks, sms, mms, system settings, android home, alarms, dictionary, calendar, music playlist, and more)

best of luck!

You know, instead of going back to stock, you could just switch over to the Cyanogen rom... v5.0.6 just came out and it's pretty nice!
    I agree!! Cyanogen has been just as stable as stock for me. The difference is speed and additional features.
    Nexus S
    HTC HD7
    Galaxy Tab

Cyanogen is by far the fastest and most stable ROM out right now. Everytime I get bored and decide to flash the Desire ROM, within a few hours I'm back on Cyan because of speed and stability. Hopefully within a few more weeks or months Paul will have his ROM running better, but for now I'm sticking with 5.0.6
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

I have a couple of quick questiosn abouy cyan's rom.

How easy is it to install Apps2SD and does it work well (This is my biggest frustration with stock rom)

Secondly, can I still use my swype beta keyboard?

Thanks

It's easy to create an Apps2SD partition, and it works awesome. In fact, there's a new feature in v5.0.6 that allows you to move apps back and forth between the SD and internal memory should you have any issues running any particular app from the SD card.

However, if you're still using the stock class-2 SD card, I wouldn't recommend it...it's probably not going to be fast enough and it's a little undersized @ 4gigs. Get yourself a minimum 8gig class-4 or class-6 card first. I have a Adata 16g class-6 that I got from Newegg for $60 and it works great!

There are several ways to get Apps2SD running, but via recovery is the easiest. Note that if you have anything on the SD card, it will get erased so back it up first to your computer. If you're rockin' a new card, no worries. Instructions are here; under "Installation", use the "via Amon_RA recovery" section and you'll get it running in no time:
    Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki
    If you want step-by-step, just ask.

Yes, swype will still run...I'm using it w/ v5.0.6 with no issues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links