Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

This is a discussion on Rolling Back to Stock ROM? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Kc you have gtalk or any other method of communication?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

Kc you have gtalk or any other method of communication?

Re: Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

Well, not right now...I'm at volleyball. I'll try to hook up with you later, k?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

Is there a way of installing HTC Sense weather widget on cyanogen? Cause I know you can get the black notification bar from the Sense UI which are like 2 of the 3 things I like from the Desire ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    It's easy to create an Apps2SD partition, and it works awesome. In fact, there's a new feature in v5.0.6 that allows you to move apps back and forth between the SD and internal memory should you have any issues running any particular app from the SD card.

However, if you're still using the stock class-2 SD card, I wouldn't recommend it...it's probably not going to be fast enough and it's a little undersized @ 4gigs. Get yourself a minimum 8gig class-4 or class-6 card first. I have a Adata 16g class-6 that I got from Newegg for $60 and it works great!

There are several ways to get Apps2SD running, but via recovery is the easiest. Note that if you have anything on the SD card, it will get erased so back it up first to your computer. If you're rockin' a new card, no worries. Instructions are here; under "Installation", use the "via Amon_RA recovery" section and you'll get it running in no time:
    Apps2SD - CyanogenMod Wiki
    If you want step-by-step, just ask.

Yes, swype will still run...I'm using it w/ v5.0.6 with no issues.
    That was extremely helpful thanks.

What size partitions have you got on your card, i.e. what is the max size that still maintains quality of apps. I'm thinking of gettting a class 6 16gb sdhc.

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Is there a way of installing HTC Sense weather widget on cyanogen? Cause I know you can get the black notification bar from the Sense UI which are like 2 of the 3 things I like from the Desire ROM.
    I don't think so...I think the sense weather widget requires the sense rom backend. however, if you can spring for around $2, i think "Beautiful Widgets" is pretty close to what you're looking for...it does that animated stuff similar to the sense widget:

Beautiful Widgets v2.95 Application for Android | News & Weather

Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913iUtr5pJI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - beautiful widgets censored Vs Uncensored[/ame]

By the way...sorry, but i can't use gtalk @ my office...bossman/it will throw a fit.

Yeah I have Beautiful Widget, I compared it with HTC Weather Widget. HTC's is just more polished and better looking. I'm surprised you can't use it without using Sense.

well, let me rephrase that. I'm sure there's a way to use it without the Sense rom, but I'm not sure exactly how and I don't think anyone currently has the solution. It's probably going to involve some coding because apparently the widget/app has several dependencies needed from the Sense rom to work correctly.

well, let me rephrase that. I'm sure there's a way to use it without the Sense rom, but I'm not sure exactly how and I don't think anyone currently has the solution. It's probably going to involve some coding because apparently the widget/app has several dependencies needed from the Sense rom to work correctly.
    What are your partition sizes on your 16GB card for Apps2SD?

Okay I saw that video you posted of beautiful widgets, now on his milestone/Droid his beautiful widget looks almost like HTC Sense widget is that skin available? Also why is it when he touches the widget on the milestone and then on the mytouch it looks different, the weather widget doesn't go into full screen like on the mytouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah View Post
    What are your partition sizes on your 16GB card for Apps2SD?
    I have a 1gig ext3 partition for my apps with 0 swap size. You could enable some space for a swap partition...I just elected not to. To find out more about swap, compcache, etc, go here:
    Compcache - CyanogenMod Wiki

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links