Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

This is a discussion on Rolling Back to Stock ROM? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay so I finally wanna take the plunge into rooting this bad boy (I feel soo evil ) But before I do, is there away ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

Rolling Back to Stock ROM?

Okay so I finally wanna take the plunge into rooting this bad boy (I feel soo evil ) But before I do, is there away to restore everything back to normal like to the stock android ROM?:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Okay so I finally wanna take the plunge into rooting this bad boy (I feel soo evil ) But before I do, is there away to restore everything back to normal like to the stock android ROM?:nexusx:
    Yes. Just do a Nandroid backup of the original ROM.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Yes. Just do a Nandroid backup of the original ROM.
    Thanks man, I tried to add you on GTalk to ask you about the Desire ROM

Thanks so all I have to do is wipe out the custom Rom and install the stock Rom. I'm trying to get this whole thing down pack. I installed modaco's desire rom. It's good but its not as stable, which I already knew. If there's a guide about how go back to stock it'll be very appreciated. I made a back up with nandroid. I ran into some trouble though so I don't know if my back is the stable stock Rom.

I guess the question is, what exactly is the end result you're trying to achieve? If you want to go back to an un-updated (back to ERD79), out-of-the-box, bone-stock, secure boot, recovery, and system image, first download this:

http://www.romraid.com/paul/nexusone...ock-images.zip

This process I'm about to guide you through will replace your AmonRA recovery with the stock recovery, and revert the boot and system partitions to secure (meaning non-root), stock images. It also will wipe the userdata partition and cache partition...when complete, it should behave as though this was the first time you've ever turned it on. If you don't want that, don't proceed!

1. Extract the zip you downloaded and you will find a bunch of files...you'll only need:
    boot.img
    recovery.img
    system.img

Put these in your Android SDK tools folder.
    2. Start phone in fastboot (hold down trackball + hit power) and plug into USB.
    3. Open a command window from your SDK tools directory and type in each of the following commands in bold and do not interrupt (system.img will take a while; it's 116megs)! Be patient and wait for each one to finish:
    fastboot devices **this is to be sure the phone is recognized**
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata

4. Reboot phone and reenter all your google/gmail acct info.

Also, at this point, you'll probably want to get the official OTA update from Google...Dial the following number on the phone keypad to trigger a checkin:

*#*#2432546#*#* **status bar should say "checkin result: success"**

Now go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates...you should see the update downloading.

That should do it. This is as close to untouched and stock as you'll ever get since you're already unlocked and that can't be reverted.

Yeah I'm trying to learn how to go back to stock in case I want to go back or anything. It'll update to 2.1update 1 automatically?

Yeah I'm trying to learn how to go back to stock in case I want to go back or anything. It'll update to 2.1update 1 automatically?
    I haven't personally tested if it does, but from what I've read, yes it will update. After you've completed the flashing procedure, just do the *#*#2432546#*#* on the phone dial-pad to force a check-in with Google's servers and go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates...you should see the update downloading. Otherwise, hit the "Check for updates" option.

This should work if you're running a stock, secure, original rom. Having your bootloader unlocked will not affect receiving OTA updates, it's the root permissions and custom roms that block them.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    I haven't personally tested if it does, but from what I've read, yes it will update. After you've completed the flashing procedure, just do the *#*#2432546#*#* on the phone dial-pad to force a check-in with Google's servers and go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates...you should see the update downloading. Otherwise, hit the "Check for updates" option.

This should work if you're running a stock, secure, original rom. Having your bootloader unlocked will not affect receiving OTA updates, it's the root permissions and custom roms that block them.
    Alright thanks for this. I will try it after I get fed up with the Desire ROM haha. I'm loving the root access and all I just wish this Desire ROM was more stable.

You know, instead of going back to stock, you could just switch over to the Cyanogen rom... v5.0.6 just came out and it's pretty nice!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links