Cyanogen v5.0.6 is OUT!

This is a discussion on Cyanogen v5.0.6 is OUT! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Budske sorry to ask that much, but im kind a noob on the thing of flashing and customs ROMs what i will ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyanogen v5.0.6 is OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    sorry to ask that much, but im kind a noob on the thing of flashing and customs ROMs

what i will lose if i update???

i havent flashed anything more, just the kernel and the wifi.

i have helix launcher and alot of programs, how do i set the updater to backup??

i just get the option to update and download
    CM updater won't backup apps for you. You'll need "Titanium Backup" to backup/restore your apps or you'll have to reinstall one-by-one in Market. Also, "MyBackup Pro" to backup/restore all your personal data (contacts, call log, bookmarks, sms, mms, system settings, android home, alarms, dictionary, calendar, music playlist, and more), but that should only be necessary if you do a wipe.

By the way, I think you're going to need an updates Helix Launcher 2...Here's a link to download:
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=135 or
    http://helixproject.ruqqq.sg/releases.php

im having MD5 verification errors :S

i have trackball collors and market enabler

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    right all was working well until i tried flashing the kspec theme back onto the new version and i ended up with a stack of problems starting with the launcher crashing then a boot loop, i am trying to restore back to a prev nandroid but atm it is restarting during the backup :S dont try and install the theme on this new version
    Kspec doesn't mention any support for 5.0.6 yet:

[THEME] Kspec for CM 5.0.5.3 N1 [Mar/24/10] - xda-developers

Keep an eye on the official thread for updates!
    Cheers Kc.rkitek i will follow them and wait for an updated version, i love the theme but not the clashes :P
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    im having MD5 verification errors :S

i have trackball collors and market enabler
    direct download the update from here:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/nexu...-N1-signed.zip
    check md5 hash now...all good?

1. put the zip on your sd card
    2. update your helix launcher to latest version (link above).
    3. go into settings>apps>manage apps then hit menu soft-key, filter, all.
    4. scroll down to and select launcher, and clear data and clear cache, then hit back key
    5. scroll down to helixlauncher, and select clear defaults (do not select helix as default home app again just yet!) and turn off your phone.
    6. reboot into recovery (hold volume-down + hit power).
    a. do a nandroid backup
    b. wipe cache & Dalvik-cache
    c. flash zip from sd card.
    7. reboot phone.

pressing home key should now ask if you want to use helix. select it and check make default. You may now have to reinstall the trackball colors...is it a mod you installed with adb/recovery, or is it an app? market enabler is an app, right?

Note- any modifications (not talking about market apps) you pushed via adb or flashed in recovery since you last installed your rom will likely have to be redone. Anytime you update the base custom rom, it will likely overwrite the modifications you've done! I'm talking about OC/UV kernels, themes, WiFi drivers...whatever didn't come in the form of an apk file. There are some exceptions to this 'rule'...some apks that require root may need to "repatch" the rom, such as "Trackball Alert PRO".

Kpec lite works great on 5.0.6...jus wish i could get the new live walllpapers to work...**** goes haywire when i try to use the new nexus lwp
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

ok... i flash the zip of the helix (i had the HL1) no problem there and now

and did everything... everything worked now.. im trying to put another kernel... isnt wrking.. just keep rebooting... going to try another one :P

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Kpec lite works great on 5.0.6...jus wish i could get the new live walllpapers to work...**** goes haywire when i try to use the new nexus lwp
    Wow i cannot even get it that far, after flashing it boots normal but after a few seconds the launcher crashes sticking me on a black screen with a notification bar followed by launcher crashes every few seconds. and if i restart i get stuck with a boot loop :S could you link me to the version you are using ? no problem if you cant i will just look for it when i get home.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

ok, tryed with 800mV didnt work, 850mV neither... im with 900mV from here [Kernel - .33.2]intersectRaven's Kernel (new Hybrid AVS) 04/17/2010 12:48am - xda-developers.

now im looking at the CM Updater and it still says that there is an update.. but in the About Phone says "Mod Version CyanogenMod 5.0.6-N1"

Helix running fine, wifi running fine....

i have to say that im in love with my phone!! xD..

thx for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Wow i cannot even get it that far, after flashing it boots normal but after a few seconds the launcher crashes sticking me on a black screen with a notification bar followed by launcher crashes every few seconds. and if i restart i get stuck with a boot loop :S could you link me to the version you are using ? no problem if you cant i will just look for it when i get home.
    I used Cyanogenmod Updater. try taking off the Nexus live wallpaper if you have it set as the default. I was having the same problem and when i changed the wallpaper it went away.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I did the install manually in recovery with a near full wipe (not the ext partition), just for fun. Actually, I did it to make sure everything was in tip-tip condition. I'll just add my mods/theme one-by-one when I'm absolutely certain they all support the new rom.

Before I started the process, I ran the new Google Backup Mechanism command in adb shell discussed here:

[5.0.6] How To Use Newest Features - CyanogenMod Forum

While still running V5.0.5.6, I opened a command from SDK tools directory and type the following (the second command will error the first time, do it twice):
    adb shell
    bmgr transport com.google.android.backup/.BackupTransportService
    bmgr transport com.google.android.backup/.BackupTransportService

exit

Then I forced a 'checkin' with the Google servers just in case. All you do is bring up the phone dial-pad and type:
    *#*#2432546#*#*

2432546 is T9 for 'checkin'...

If you then full wipe and reinstall with the latest CM, the phone supposedly syncs with the market and re-downloads your previously installed market apps! I'm not sure if it's true since I was running Apps2Sd before and I didn't wipe the ext partition, but mine are all there. This is a new feature that is implemented in v5.0.6, so once you're updated, you won't have to invoke the command...

One more thing that came up for me...in Settings>Wireless & network settings>Proxy settings...for some reason, the "Use proxy only on wifi" was checked. I turned that off. Leaving it on might screw up Gmail while on a wifi connection.

BTW, this rom is smokin' fast!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links