After rooting unable to send pictures MMS

This is a discussion on After rooting unable to send pictures MMS within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I haven't been able to send any pictures after I rooted my phone. I've double checked my att&t apn settings and have used the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After rooting unable to send pictures MMS

After rooting unable to send pictures MMS

So I haven't been able to send any pictures after I rooted my phone. I've double checked my att&t apn settings and have used the following settings from the cyanogenmod APNlist - cyanogenmod - page to maintain an accurate working list of APN's for cyanogen (and other?) builds. - Project Hosting on Google Code anyone else having similar issues? I could receive MMS (pictures) but can't send out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

RH

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Still on CM v5.0.5.3? Are you using the stock messaging app? What's the original file size of the image you're trying to send?

There's an known issue with the image resizing in the stock app, and I don't think it was addressed in CM v5.0.5.3. Seems like the devs got it fixed starting with v5.0.6 test2. I outlined the bug here about halfway down this post after the Singtel APN settings (the 300k limit applies to AT&T also):

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post41895

I'm attaching the very latest Mms.apk from CM v5.0.6 to this post, but I had to change the extension to zip to attach it. This version appears to have fixed the image resizing issue. If you'd like, download it, change the file extension from zip back to apk, move it to your Android SDK dir, and push it to your phone using the following commands:

adb remount
    adb push Mms.apk system/app
    adb reboot

Let me know if that works for you...

Other options
    Maybe try taking a picture at the smallest size in the camera's options...I think the lowest setting is 1megapixel. The resulting file should be in the 150k range. Now try to MMS that image...any luck?

Finally, try to install Handcent and send an MMS that way...it may be a little better at resizing and following the 300k rule if you adjust the app's settings properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Still on CM v5.0.5.3? Are you using the stock messaging app? What's the original file size of the image you're trying to send?

There's an known issue with the image resizing in the stock app, and I don't think it was addressed in CM v5.0.5.3. Seems like the devs got it fixed starting with v5.0.6 test2. I outlined the bug here about halfway down this post after the Singtel APN settings (the 300k limit applies to AT&T also):

I'm attaching the very latest Mms.apk from CM v5.0.6 to this post, but I had to change the extension to zip to attach it. This version appears to have fixed the image resizing issue. If you'd like, download it, change the file extension from zip back to apk, move it to your Android SDK dir, and push it to your phone using the following commands:

adb remount
    adb reboot

Other options
    Maybe try taking a picture at the smallest size in the camera's options...I think the lowest setting is 1megapixel. The resulting file should be in the 150k range. Now try to MMS that image...any luck?

Finally, try to install Handcent and send an MMS that way...it may be a little better at resizing and following the 300k rule if you adjust the app's settings properly.
    Yes I'm still on CM v5.0.5.3, haven't upgraded because of all the comments of the new version not being that stable yet will wait a bit before upgrading though. Yes it's on the stock native app. I have it set to 5 mega pixels in settings for my camera.

I will try this when I get home tonight, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by b00sted415 View Post
    So I haven't been able to send any pictures after I rooted my phone. I've double checked my att&t apn settings and have used the following settings from the cyanogenmod APNlist - cyanogenmod - page to maintain an accurate working list of APN's for cyanogen (and other?) builds. - Project Hosting on Google Code anyone else having similar issues? I could receive MMS (pictures) but can't send out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

RH
    open up terminal on your phone and type:
    su
    fix_permissions

You could also call AT&T and they will be able to update your APN settings over the air. I have AT&T and cyanogenmod v. 5.0.6 which is stable IMO and didnt have to mess with any APN settings at all.

Not sure if it will help, but it wont hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by drummr160 View Post

RH
    su
    fix_permissions

You could also call AT&T and they will be able to update your APN settings over the air. I have AT&T and cyanogenmod v. 5.0.6 which is stable IMO and didnt have to mess with any APN settings at all.

or just email them lol

RH
    su
    fix_permissions

This will be my second option, thank you. I want to try kc.rkitek method first .

RH
    su
    fix_permissions

This will be my second option, thank you. I want to try kc.rkitek method first .
    no probs mate

This happened to me using the Desire r21 ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post

adb remount
    adb reboot

Other options

.Apk file fixed my problem thanks!!!! I can send mms pictures now

good news! seems like everytime I read about this with stock or CM users, it comes down to that image sizing bug in the messaging app...
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links