Wireless N on Nexus One

This is a discussion on Wireless N on Nexus One within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; There are a lot of devices that have wireless-n in the hardware but aren't enabled. The main reason is usually wireless-n hardware drivers are not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless N on Nexus One

There are a lot of devices that have wireless-n in the hardware but aren't enabled. The main reason is usually wireless-n hardware drivers are not usually as efficient as G drivers. So companies disable them to save battery life. I'm guessing this is the issue with the N1. Hopefully Google has some efficient drivers if they enable it.

Ok now....easy guys. Zindol got his question answered....let's not get bogged down in semantics.

Apologies for getting a lil out of character W. You know that's not my style. But bozzy thanks for the breakdown.

Lightbulb

My apologies as well, didn't mean to be rude.

Also, as a note about these wireless speeds, there is no need at all for the N1 to use wireless N even if it can.

Think about it. The upstream broadband connection is not going to be anywhere near the 54Mbps what wireless G provides. Even if you were transferring files from a local network, the files sizes are not going to be so large as to make it important to have N speed instead of G.

Sure, it's cool if it can..... but it just not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    My apologies as well, didn't mean to be rude.

Also, as a note about these wireless speeds, there is no need at all for the N1 to use wireless N even if it can.

Think about it. The upstream broadband connection is not going to be anywhere near the 54Mbps what wireless G provides. Even if you were transferring files from a local network, the files sizes are not going to be so large as to make it important to have N speed instead of G.

Sure, it's cool if it can..... but it just not needed.
    im sure we didn't Need the AMOLED screen either but id much rather have that than regular lcd. Give me top of the line over mediocre any day
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    im sure we didn't Need the AMOLED screen either but id much rather have that than regular lcd. Give me top of the line over mediocre any day
    That's a totally fallacious comparison.

With the nice screen you get improved viewing, which is a plus.

With wireless N you get nothing but more power drain, which is a minus.

You dont think wireless n is faster? Then why would google add the feature? You think they jus like tossing dollars out the window for unneeded features?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

You dont think wireless n is faster? Then why would google add the feature? You think they jus like tossing dollars out the window for unneeded features?
    A little offtopic but your signature scares me.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

Yes, I know that N is faster than G.

Apparently, you didn't read my previous post. It explains why you won't get any "extra speed" even though wireless N is most definitely faster than G.

Any connection is only as fast as the slowest link. For example: at home I have a DSL line that is 6Mbps. So whether my devices are G or N, they will only get 6Mbps from the Internet. Period.

The only potential benefit might be longer range. But, once again, you get that only with a greater power drain.

A little offtopic but your signature scares me. [/QUOTE]

haha:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links