Creating a new app tutorial?

This is a discussion on Creating a new app tutorial? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Could someone explain how to create a new app for the Android Market? I am a developer and write in Visual Basic, Java, Delphi, Python ...

Thread: Creating a new app tutorial?

Creating a new app tutorial?

Could someone explain how to create a new app for the Android Market?

I am a developer and write in Visual Basic, Java, Delphi, Python and PHP.

I'm curious because I want to develope to the Android Market.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Your question is not one that can be directly answered in a single post, but there is a lot of information out there in various forms. The main place to go is Google's Android Development site, Android Developers. There, you can discover how to set up your development environment, how to properly sign apps for the market, and many tutorials.

Google's development site, in my opinion, is not really great for learning to use Android, so I would recommend picking up a book. Several good books are in your local bookstore, and if you prefer the PDF variety, I would highly recommend Mark Murphy's eBook subscription at CommonsWare. One interesting thing about CommonsWare's policy is that once a book has sold 4000 copies, that edition becomes available for free -- I think with the free version you're back a few editions, but many of the items in it should still be relevant.

mah, thanks for the answer. But what programming language does it require?

Android development is done in Java. You should look through the Android Developers link mah posted, there is a lot of information there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links