Rooted and Regretting Cyanogen

This is a discussion on Rooted and Regretting Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Sophia Exactly Thomas, I think you hit the nail on the head why so many people are confused. I think "rooting" involves ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooted and Regretting Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Exactly Thomas, I think you hit the nail on the head why so many people are confused.

I think "rooting" involves 4 steps:

1) Unlock bootloader (does nothing except add an unlock icon to your startup screen)
    2) Add Super user permissions (allows you to modify your phone and add "root" apps)
    3) If you so wish, you can now flash new ROMS, including the original stock ROM (but the phone will still be unlocked)
    4) The really brave can perform other tricky stuff such as update the kernel or flash a new radio

Step 1, 2 and 3 are harmless, but with step 4, it is possible to "brick" your phone (render it useless).

If you skip step 3 and 4, you still have all the benefits of rooting, while still using stock ROM. Am I right? Correct me if I said anything wrong please
    I think so. But how do step 1,2 please?

Well, normally I'd say "Google is your best friend", but I'll help you a bit further :D

Follow step 1 to 4 (or even 5 and 6 as well) of this excellent guide: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

Then stop, don't go any further, if you wish to keep stock, you're done
    My sigs keep getting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links