Newbie on a mac needs help.... please check my steps

This is a discussion on Newbie on a mac needs help.... please check my steps within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi All~ Ok, so I'm looking to root my N1 and get Cyanogen's mod on. I'm new to droid, but I'm pretty computer savvy, and ...

Thread: Newbie on a mac needs help.... please check my steps

Newbie on a mac needs help.... please check my steps

Hi All~ Ok, so I'm looking to root my N1 and get Cyanogen's mod on. I'm new to droid, but I'm pretty computer savvy, and I've unlocked my iphone on my own and such.

I'm on a mac.

I found this site that gives mac specific instructions:

How to hack your Nexus One to run Cyanogen for a good performance boost (and some serious geek cred)

Does that look about right? It looks like some of the files he lists have already been updated.

Then I have questions: Why do some instructions say install SDK, while some don't? Also, the site above is the first I've read about flashing radio, is that required?

The instructions above skip the google apps instructions. Do I just power down, restart and then select the apps package?

Oh, and what about himem, do I want that? How do I get it?

Thanks for any help! I just got this phone and don't want to screw it up!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had a Mac specific site but can't seen to find the link, but I found the 2 links below pretty useful. The first is on this site. Doesn't give Mac specific instruction but steps are basically the same. Some flash the radio some don't. I guess it really depends if you hare having signal related issues. I didn't flash the radio at first but decided to since I have poor T-mobile reception in my home. Seemed to help a little, no full bars but a little better. The whole process isn't too hard just be careful with typo's and syntax on the command line..slowed me down not being careful.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

Step by Step Guide on How to Install Cyanogen Mod ROM on your Nexus One! | Nexus One Hacks Blog

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links