fastboot errors while trying to root using Linux

This is a discussion on fastboot errors while trying to root using Linux within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've had my N1 for a few weeks, I like it but I've decided its time to try out CyanogenMod. I primarily run Fedora (13) ...

Thread: fastboot errors while trying to root using Linux

Exclamation fastboot errors while trying to root using Linux

I've had my N1 for a few weeks, I like it but I've decided its time to try out CyanogenMod.

I primarily run Fedora (13) and have configured udev and all the good stuff so adb will recognise the device and can debug apps on the phone (through eclipse) so it's all hunky-doory, right?

Well apparently fastboot doesn't like me. Rebooting the phone while holding the trackball, sitting at the white screen with three skating droids, fastboot wont see my device. Tried again at the home screen thinking I may have misread the tutorials but nope, not working either (no surprise).

With the release of Ubuntu 10.04 I installed it on my laptop to test it out (and all the android guides are for Ubuntu so it should _better_). Installed the Andoid SDK and configured udev. I'm still having troubles.
    Code:
    cd sdk/tools
    ./adb devices
    results in
    Code:
    bash: ./adb file or directory not found
    despite it being there AND executable according to
    Code:
    ls -lA
    running
    Code:
    sh ./adb
    gives be syntax errors regarding a "("

Has anybody had similar problems?
    Any help or suggestions are much appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

okay I figured it out. well not the part where ubuntu was being weird with running the scripts - that started working of its own accord (possible update somewhere?) - but the fastboot is now seeing my device

When I finally gave up and unlocked the bootloader on a windows box I noticed it required two sets of drivers, one for when the phone was at the home screen (mounting the sdcard, debugging programs etc) and another for when the phone was at the bootloader menu. I went back and edited my /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules file to contain two entries as so:
    Code:
    SUSBYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666"
    SUSBYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    The first is for adb and the second for fastboot.

This may be obvious, but now its out on the forums

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links