I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root, please help

This is a discussion on I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root, please help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Greetings, I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root my N1, didn't have this problem with my G1, but then again I did that ...

Thread: I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root, please help

I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root, please help

Greetings, I've spent the last 5 hours trying to root my N1, didn't have this problem with my G1, but then again I did that one click rooting and I don't see it available on the N1. Basically i'm confused at what things i need to download and what I don't. I'm just trying to run Cyanogen's mod. I don't know if my Nexus is locked or unlocked, I bought it off Craigslist for $450 a couple months back, i'm using it with my g1 unlimited everything contract, so i'm assuming the phone is unlocked, so does that mean I skip all those unlocking instructions, superboot/fastboot???

Ok I downloaded the sdk, ra recovery, cyanogen rom, my problem seems to be when I go to put in all those commands my computer isn't recognizing the phone. When I plug the phone in my computer mounts it and can transfer files but my computer isn't recognizing the phone to where I can root it from the computer. Also I try to install Android 1.0 and it says "cannot install this hardware" I've downloaded it 3 times from different sources and it doesn't install it. I'm so confused and exhausted, i'm going out of town in 2 days and wanted to show my friends my rooted N1! Can anyone please help me? I'm going to bed, so if I don't respond tonight I will in the morning, thanks!

My computer is xp sp3

in fast boot my n1 says

hboot 0.33.0012
    radio 4.03.00.21.2

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you update the usb drivers with the android SDK? Check out this link

http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Is there a little Unlocked lock icon at the bottom of the screen when you turn the phone on? If not your bootloader is locked.

You can download the latest CyanogenMod from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623496
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Did you update the usb drivers with the android SDK? Check out this link

USB Driver for Windows | Android Developers

Is there a little Unlocked lock icon at the bottom of the screen when you turn the phone on? If not your bootloader is locked.

You can download the latest CyanogenMod from here:

[ROM] CyanogenMod-5: Kang Central Station (STABLE) [04/15/2010 / 5.0.6] - xda-developers

no i don't see an unlocked icon.

I installed that sdk thing, it's like 1.3gb, In installed packages I see usb driver revision 3, but when I go to available packages all I see is...http google.com/android/repository.............

ok so i finally updated usb driver, its recognized by my computer, now what do i do?

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

thanks a lot Sliceburg, got it a couple of days ago and its going great! thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links