What's the latest with what I will lose with rooting to Cyanogen?

This is a discussion on What's the latest with what I will lose with rooting to Cyanogen? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I now need to teather to my laptop for small amounts of time for a couple times a week, so this upon many of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the latest with what I will lose with rooting to Cyanogen?

What's the latest with what I will lose with rooting to Cyanogen?

I now need to teather to my laptop for small amounts of time for a couple times a week, so this upon many of the other cool things with rooting, I really need to look at the pros and cons.

First I know about all of the pros, so im not trying to be talked into it and how much better the phone is. Im wondering about what i DON'T get anymore when I flash.
    I remember things related to bluetooth (most used component of the phone) and some other things. I think most of these have been worked out by now, but rather ask you guys and be better safe than sorry
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cyanogen is pretty solid if you ask me. The only thing I lost when flashing cyanogen was the lock on the extra Ram. Plus Wifi tether is a Must for me and it works great.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Besides negating the warranty, I haven't found a downside.

You can certainly tether without having to root and flash an altnernate ROM. PDANet works just fine.

doesn't pdanet cost money? Its free when you root...jus sayin. Also does pdanet do wifi tether? I hate wires.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    doesn't pdanet cost money? Its free when you root...jus sayin. Also does pdanet do wifi tether? I hate wires.
    pdanet has a free and pay version. Neither does WiFi tether. It does USB or Bluetooth.

I found no disadvantages whatsoever in rooting, except one: that lock icon is so terribly ugly when I switch on my N1
    My sigs keep getting

I originally was sorta concerned with the warranty issue, but now that I have had my phone for a while there is obviously no issues for it to be a 'lemon'.
    NeonMonster sent his his rooted device in for service, no problem, they forgot to plug his camera in and he sent it back in (after he rooted again) and no problem. So I kinda think the whole warranty void isn't much of an issue after you have had the phone a while and verify it works correctly stock.

Otherwise it seems from you guys that most every issue is about figured out. I think I will root tonight... Ill have to verify some of you guys are online incase I need quick help!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    You can certainly tether without having to root and flash an altnernate ROM. PDANet works just fine.
    PDAnet free edition blocks secure sites, so its against the point for me. Thats the ONE place I have to go to. The paid edition is rather pricey especially when rooting is an option for me and some of these other issues are handled.

I was waiting for FROYO and seeing if Google added App2SD and colored trackballs themselves, but looks like I will bail early. I will just count on this forum and the others for the update links and dates.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

So how does new upgrades work? With Froyo coming out does Google release the code to everyone so the Cyogen guys implement any improvements?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links