Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there, I bought my N1 2 days ago and I installed Android 2.2 froyo manually. I want to root my device. I downloaded rooter ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

Re: Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

Hi there,
    I bought my N1 2 days ago and I installed Android 2.2 froyo manually.

I want to root my device. I downloaded rooter from xda forum and I tried to root it several times (I applied the same method which I used while installing froyo). But, it says signature doesn't match.

Can anyone help me out with step by step guide how I can root my N1?

Thanks in advance!
    Better do it manually man. In the process doing it, you should learn a few thing. Will benefit you later you'll see.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

well, all of this niceties back-and-forth - but no solutions.
    I've done this with MyToch3g - and it was 'easy' for a geek.
    Nothing works here - all of you wise ass folks - do give me a simple step-by-step here - as you can tell, I'm a simpleton. But you FAIL in my simplicity.
    Anyone - how to?

This is not going well.

Bronyr, I think at this point the best thing you could do is START the process. When you run into a problem, STOP; explain the problem you're having; and ASK FOR HELP WITH THAT PROBLEM.

You won't get INSTANT answers, but you WILL get answers. This is a wonderful group of people...people who DO UNDERSTAND the Android OS and how it works. If you ask without the attitude, you WILL be helped.

I don't know how else to say it.

Heck no-no solutions just 'advice' about my attitude. ANYONE???

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronyr View Post
    Heck no-no solutions just 'advice' about my attitude. ANYONE???
    You attract more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar. Sorry if you feel thats just more advice about your attitude than it is help with rooting, but you're right, it is. You need to learn some people skills... geeks normally like to help people who they feel are deserving of help. When folks like yourself approach them with a demeaning attitude, they cease to feel you deserve help.

Fortunately for those who have made this mistake, geeks also tend to be rather forgiving and to hold short term memories about people's prior poor attitudes. Looking through this thread, it would seem to me that if you step back, check yourself, offer an apology to Sophia, you might convince her to continue helping you. Of course, I don't speak for her and I don't know if she'll be willing to help -- you were quite rude without provocation, when she already had nothing to lose by not helping you, nothing to gain by helping you, and was just trying to be kind.

When you slip on a banana peel - it's NOT nice, and you have to deal with it.
    Banana peel does not CARE how you feel.
    Deal with it.
    When you need something from that banana peel, and that banana peel needs nothing from you, you don't slip on it and then berate it, you slip on it, get up and brush yourself off, and you deal with it.

Can anyone speak about rooting N1 here?

Nope. Your requests for having root handed to you on a platter are being drowned out by your seemingly "entitled to have it" attitude about it.

If you don't want to work WITH us in helping you achieve it, or show some willingness to reach a point of UNDERSTANDING how you achieve it, your demands will likely continue to fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Nope. Your requests for having root handed to you on a platter are being drowned out by your seemingly "entitled to have it" attitude about it.

If you don't want to work WITH us in helping you achieve it, or show some willingness to reach a point of UNDERSTANDING how you achieve it, your demands will likely continue to fall on deaf ears.
    Actually, the process is far more complicated than rooting MT3G;
    I figured it all out despite lack of help here - harping on my attitude is not getting to the gist - many helpers out on other sites were more useful as they went through the process and zeroed in on the very difficulty as they had gone through the same.
    The problem was with downloading usb driver using SDK files - something was wrong with that driver and then repositories were not available.
    There were those who helped, but - not here.
    I'm a happy rooted Nexus owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links