Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi there, I bought my N1 2 days ago and I installed Android 2.2 froyo manually. I want to root my device. I downloaded rooter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

Hi there,
    I bought my N1 2 days ago and I installed Android 2.2 froyo manually.

I want to root my device. I downloaded rooter from xda forum and I tried to root it several times (I applied the same method which I used while installing froyo). But, it says signature doesn't match.

Can anyone help me out with step by step guide how I can root my N1?

Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

honestly rather than typing it out you should just follow this

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

it is right on. I havn't tried using a program like you have, but this thread works perfect.
    instead of flashing Cyanogen the ROM from here:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ted-flash.html
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    honestly rather than typing it out you should just follow this

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

it is right on. I havn't tried using a program like you have, but this thread works perfect.
    instead of flashing Cyanogen the ROM from here:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ted-flash.html
    I can't believe how it's all so retarted rooting nexus1 is - by comparison to MyTouch 3g.
    I've been to countless websites that tell me about SDK, this and that - virtually all of them inconsistent about the steps.
    And the above one - with all due respect - looks so bloody convoluted that I'd rather stay rooted.
    Do I save froyo-rooter-signed.zip to my micro SD root dir and boot nexus to special boot and point to the file - would that be an EASY way of telling us how to root it??
    Or do I rename it to something else? How come there isn't a SINGLE step-by-step guide - especially after cyanogen's froyo-rooter-signed.zip file?
    What the f... do I DO with that file apart from saving on micro SD card - or, how do I flash anything other than 'update.zip' file - how come nobody's talking about simple freakin' step-by-step guide??
    Frustrated indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by razibhasan View Post
    Hi there,
    I bought my N1 2 days ago and I installed Android 2.2 froyo manually.

I want to root my device. I downloaded rooter from xda forum and I tried to root it several times (I applied the same method which I used while installing froyo). But, it says signature doesn't match.

Can anyone help me out with step by step guide how I can root my N1?

Thanks in advance!
    what a wonderful and simple question!
    all of you geeks have NOT provided simple answer - period!
    All so convoluted, SDK, ADB files - all that crap
    Simple? Anyone please

It IS simple. And you NEED to install SDK. Sorry... if you can't read carefully and follow these instructions one by one, I DO suggest you stay with the stock ROM. Sorry if I sound a bit nasty, but calling people names is really not going to get you far... ask nicely where you are stuck and the lovely people here WILL help you... as they helped me. Some forum members have even talked people through rooting via the phone, how nice is that? So be nice, and you will be treated nice.

Now I'll descent from the soap box, sorry for the little rant *blush*
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    It IS simple. And you NEED to install SDK. Sorry... if you can't read carefully and follow these instructions one by one, I DO suggest you stay with the stock ROM. Sorry if I sound a bit nasty, but calling people names is really not going to get you far... ask nicely where you are stuck and the lovely people here WILL help you... as they helped me. Some forum members have even talked people through rooting via the phone, how nice is that? So be nice, and you will be treated nice.

Now I'll descent from the soap box, sorry for the little rant *blush*
    Sophia - which means wisdom - you don't know how to read.
    No sorry here.
    I did NOT name names anyone - but the general term for all those who are unable to present ideas SIMPLE - this should not be complicated to you WISE people, should it, huh?
    Rooting Nexus is NOT complicated but it's brutally exact - none of those 'feelings' will get you anywhere, unless you DO exactly what needs to be done.
    When you slip on a banana peel - it's NOT nice, and you have to deal with it.
    Banana peel does not CARE how you feel.
    Deal with it.

Ok, thinking about it for a moment, I think I know where your frustration lies actually. I looked at the thread quoted above, and while this is very clear to people who have already rooted, it might seem like one, long, muddled string of hazy comments.

So, lets break it down.

To root, you need to break it down in steps.

For example, step 1 - Setting up Android SDK - HAS to be done, period. It is always the first step, and gets your PC/Mac ready to connect the Nexus One in such a way that you can run commands on it. Do that first. Breathe... and stop after that. It is the most difficult one! But HAS to be done...

Ok, step 2 to 6 are next. One by one... follow these instructions.

Step 2 gets your Nexus One ready to receive the commands from your PC, that you set up in step 1. Up to now, you can not changed anything yet. You can still go back... no panic, no sweat.

Step 3. Here, you unlock the bootloader. Why is that? It changes your Nexus' virginity forever - whoo hoo, that is a bit step!

That's it for now... it's getting late. Hope that helps... point is, break it down in steps, and make sure you know what is happening, and it won't be difficult at all. Good luck!

EDIT: Ok, I see we crossposted. Sorry sir, I can't say I like you. No more help from me I'm afraid I thought you genuinely asked for help, but instead, you came with your boxing gloves on. I shall never respond to your posts ever again.
    My sigs keep getting

Re: Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

It IS simple. And you NEED to install SDK. Sorry... if you can't read carefully and follow these instructions one by one, I DO suggest you stay with t
    Sophia - which means wisdom - you don't know how to read.
    No sorry here.
    I did NOT name names anyone - but the general term for all those who are unable to present ideas SIMPLE - this should not be complicated to you WISE people, should it, huh?
    Rooting Nexus is NOT complicated but it's brutally exact - none of those 'feelings' will get you anywhere, unless you DO exactly what needs to be done.
    When you slip on a banana peel - it's NOT nice, and you have to deal with it.
    Banana peel does not CARE how you feel.
    Deal with it.
    I was all alone and know nothing about any damn android a month ago. 5 days after buying N1 I rooted by myself all alone. Hours before that I read and ask a lot. I was not sleeping and did it in the morning. I got bonus. No error in the 1st time doing it. Why? Because I read and follow the damn step by step instructions carefully coz I don't want to brick it. All the tiring reading paid off.

Now why don't you spend some time reading it back again because you need to understand and learn from it. All that will benefit you later after rooting it. E.g. when you want to flash ROM. They list those pain-in-the-ass instructions to help thing easier and they worked their ass off for it.

If you cannot take the opportunity to educate yourself with it or too lazy to do it, you ask or pay someone else to do it for you. If not just stop crying and eat your stock rom.

Everyone here is trying to help.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Ok, thinking about it for a moment, I think I know where your frustration lies actually. I looked at the thread quoted above, and while this is very clear to people who have already rooted, it might seem like one, long, muddled string of hazy comments.

So, lets break it down.

For example, step 1 - Setting up Android SDK - HAS to be done, period. It is always the first step, and gets your PC/Mac ready to connect the Nexus One in such a way that you can run commands on it. Do that first. Breathe... and stop after that. It is the most difficult one! But HAS to be done...

Step 2 gets your Nexus One ready to receive the commands from your PC, that you set up in step 1. Up to now, you can not changed anything yet. You can still go back... no panic, no sweat.

Step 3. Here, you unlock the bootloader. Why is that? It changes your Nexus' virginity forever - whoo hoo, that is a bit step!

That's it for now... it's getting late. Hope that helps... point is, break it down in steps, and make sure you know what is happening, and it won't be difficult at all. Good luck!

EDIT: Ok, I see we crossposted. Sorry sir, I can't say I like you. No more help from me I'm afraid I thought you genuinely asked for help, but instead, you came with your boxing gloves on. I shall never respond to your posts ever again.
    Sophia, the Wise One, how did you get into breaking down the geeky gadgetry? You are a good soother - for a moment - but you fail to live up to anything at the point of any reliability.
    No sorry here.
    You ARE incompetent and the emotions stalled your barely breathing engines to a halt.
    SDK does NOT install on my win7 box - even when I follow steps 'how to'.
    It can't find the promised 1.3gb update files.
    But before we get anywhere - WHY do I have to to with all this since there IS a simple (supposedly) way of rooting Nexus-running rooted froyo here:
    Root Android 2.2 on Nexus One [Froyo] | Redmond Pie
    Now, you, the wise one ,tell me how you interpret this.

Advice - do take your emotions out for a MOMENT, will ya?
    Bronyr

Re: Can anyone help me with step by step guide on "How can I root my N1"?

So, lets break it down.

Be cool Sophia :-)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links