Constant rebooting regardless of what ROM I use

This is a discussion on Constant rebooting regardless of what ROM I use within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Cyanogenmod, stock EPE54B rom, Froyo rom, doesn't matter. No matter what I do, the phone is constantly rebooting itself at random times (though, I could ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant rebooting regardless of what ROM I use

Angry Constant rebooting regardless of what ROM I use

Cyanogenmod, stock EPE54B rom, Froyo rom, doesn't matter.

No matter what I do, the phone is constantly rebooting itself at random times (though, I could easily trigger a reboot when using googlemaps).

I've now gotten to a point where it sometimes goes to the boot splash screen (the colourful X) and then it vibrates seven times and gets stuck. Sometimes it makes it to the lock screen, sometimes it'll reboot right after reaching the lock screen, so on and so forth. Sometimes it'll get frozen during boot and I'll have to remove my battery. As I am typing this, the N1 got to the setup screen (touch the android to start) and then rebooted again back into the setup screen. thus I have already gone down the path of factory resets and the whole bit.

I have restored from nandroid backups to no avail. I have tried the phone with and without the sim card to no avail. I feel like I've exhausted all options I can think of.

My warranty is obviously void now so I can't just return the device. Do I have any other options or do I have a $600 paper weight sitting on my desk?

--thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i had this problem when first flashing froyo....how i resolved it was no matter what the charge on the battery...i had it plugged into charger and wiped...everything, then i flashed froyo rom, then instead of rebooting, i powered off and then hit power button....this fixed the constant rebooting and acting really buggy issue for me. Oh and before I powered back on after the flash, I pulled the battery for a few seconds. Hopes this helped...
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    i had this problem when first flashing froyo....how i resolved it was no matter what the charge on the battery...i had it plugged into charger and wiped...everything, then i flashed froyo rom, then instead of rebooting, i powered off and then hit power button....this fixed the constant rebooting and acting really buggy issue for me. Oh and before I powered back on after the flash, I pulled the battery for a few seconds. Hopes this helped...
    That is what I would do as well.. If it doesn't work I'll be happy to take that paper weight off your hands
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Normally these problems are from not wiping or not also wiping the cache when you are flashing a ROM.

choose the ROM you want to purchase and choose wipe data and then wipe cache (to be sure) then flash the ROM from the sd card
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release
    Chinese Herbal Remedies

I am having no luck what soever and I swear I'm about lose my mind over this.

At this point, no matter how many times I flash the damn recovery tool to the phone, it won't boot into it anymore. Instead, it VIBRATES SEVEN TIMES and then gets stuck on the colourful X, which seems like it's a message telling me something but searching forums and google returns absolutely nothing.

I can still get to the bootloader and a fat lot that will do. I have tried flashing the individual images separately, nothing.

So I hope someone smarter than me can tell me WTF to do because this phone is unusuable and has no resale value at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by i_ate_god View Post
    I am having no luck what soever and I swear I'm about lose my mind over this.

At this point, no matter how many times I flash the damn recovery tool to the phone, it won't boot into it anymore. Instead, it VIBRATES SEVEN TIMES and then gets stuck on the colourful X, which seems like it's a message telling me something but searching forums and google returns absolutely nothing.

I can still get to the bootloader and a fat lot that will do. I have tried flashing the individual images separately, nothing.

So I hope someone smarter than me can tell me WTF to do because this phone is unusuable and has no resale value at the moment.
    okay so if you hold down volume-down button and turn the phone on you won't boot into recovery?

if you hold the trackball down and power up you are getting to the bootloader?

in bootloader you should boot up with it highlighted over 'bootloader'. simply press the power button to click that.

you will then be in fast boot. use the volume down to get to recovery and click power button to select it.

once in recovery i would do as i said previously and do a full wipe and cache wipe, then flash the ROM.

I can help you on IM if you like.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Chinese Herbal Remedies

Angry

I owuld really like your help but I have to go.

in the meantime, I/dalvikvm( 219): Debugger th - I_ate_god - Kfdkqu0Y - Pastebin.com this is a log of up until the phone crashed and got frozen in boot hell again.

if there is anything you can gleam from this, I'd love ot know what

thanks a lot

no clue on the log, but I think your making this harder than it needs to be.

Not one other person I know has this problem which means something is wrong, which means you need to start from the beginning and not try to salvage what you got, because either way is going to end with a full reset.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Chinese Herbal Remedies

You're not the only one experiencing this problem.
    I've tried all Roms including BASE ROM.
    I tried Froyo because I THOUGHT it would fix the problem.
    No go.
    Right now I'm just using it for texting and calling when possible
    I may end up just selling the phone and pay the different for something else.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    no clue on the log, but I think your making this harder than it needs to be.

Not one other person I know has this problem which means something is wrong, which means you need to start from the beginning and not try to salvage what you got, because either way is going to end with a full reset.
    I'm trying to salvage the phone itself, nothing more. Everything has been hard reset multiple times. It has not solved anything. The phone is at stock EPE54B rom, the SD Card has been erased, the whole bit. Now a new thing has started, it now sometimes goes blank, stops charging, and becomes unresponsive, without trying to reboot. I have to remove the battery in order to get it to boot up again.

*sigh*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links