Quick question before rooting

This is a discussion on Quick question before rooting within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just got my N1 and it came unlocked. My question is, when rooting do I still d/l and unlock bootloader? Or do I skip ...

Thread: Quick question before rooting

Quick question before rooting

I just got my N1 and it came unlocked. My question is, when rooting do I still d/l and unlock bootloader? Or do I skip this step? Also, what would you say is the most current rom and which would you recommend?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unlocked does not mean the bootloader is unlocked. If you have a lill unlocked lock icon at the bottom of the screen when you boot up then your bootloader is unlocked. Go with Cyanogen, hes tha Man
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I just got my N1 and it came unlocked. My question is, when rooting do I still d/l and unlock bootloader? Or do I skip this step? Also, what would you say is the most current rom and which would you recommend?
    do you mean d/l fastboot??? bootloader is already there to be unlocked
    or im reading your question incorrectly.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

All N1 phones are "unlocked" as far as being able to be used with different sim cards from different cell providers
    The boot loader still needs to be unlocked and is the 1st thing you do in the root process
    Fast boot & adb are the tools you use in the rooting process
    Clear as mud till you do it and then youll wonder what the confusion was

I really recommend you get to know your phone for a few days first, you only got it five minutes. It can already do infinitely more out of the box than your iPhone, learn about all that first. There is no rush... and when you understand your phone a bit better, rooting will be sooo much easier
    My sigs keep getting

thank you all, I wasn't sure if with fastboot was necessary since it came unlocked. I thought unlocking the bootloader was unlocking the phone.

thank you all, I wasn't sure if with fastboot was necessary since it came unlocked. I thought unlocking the bootloader was unlocking the phone.
    no, its unlocked from a cellphone company having control of your plan and service.
    You will be happy to know that the N1 is a peice of cake to root and there are many guides on here as well as several people including me that are more than happy to chat via IM to help others through.
    Unlockbootloader, download fastboot, get your recover, flash a ROM, badabig badaboom.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I really recommend you get to know your phone for a few days first, you only got it five minutes. It can already do infinitely more out of the box than your iPhone, learn about all that first. There is no rush... and when you understand your phone a bit better, rooting will be sooo much easier
    I agree with Sophia. Its better to do your research and understand What your doing before Jumping into the world of Root. If something does go wrong, You'll be glad you did.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Ditto Sophia! I had my Nexus for a few weeks before I rooted, I tried to learn as much as I could about the process. At that time it seemed such a daunting challenge. But it was this post, http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-thread-d.html that made me take the plunge and now I cant imagine my Nexus not being rooted.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links