Cannot type

This is a discussion on Cannot type within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello fellow nexus one'ers. Had mine for about 3 months now. Having a few issues all of a sudden. Running the Cyanogen mod btw. The ...

Thread: Cannot type

Cannot type

Hello fellow nexus one'ers. Had mine for about 3 months now. Having a few issues all of a sudden. Running the Cyanogen mod btw. The odd time the phone goes into a mode where it just keeps rebooting. As soon as it gets rebooted and the home screen pops up (get signal etc) it reboots again. And the cycle repeats. over and over. So I just hard reset it (remove battery) and its fine. Happens maybe once a week for last 3 or 4 weeks.

The other problem I'm having (just started today) is I cannot type any letters. In SMS or the browser. If i long hold or go to the numbers/symbols they work fine. but the letters will not work. If I randomly try to "button mash" I can get a random letter to show up. It's so weird. When I press the letter the mini display of it pops up but when I let go it is not displayed in the text line. Any suggestions? Thx.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When I try to type a message in SMS a warning box comes up saying "The application Touch Input (process com.htc.android.htcime) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Any ideas how to fix this.

btw, numbers and symbols work fine.

I haven't experienced that with this particular app, but, i have with, say, the Weather Channel app. In that case, an uninstall and reinstall of the app corrected the issues I had with it. Give that a try.

And if worst comes to worst, you might try (re)flashing the latest Cyanogen.

re flashing did not work......thx for the suggestion. any other ideas?

Can you also try Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Touch Input > Clear data if you haven't already (hope that's the right path, it's changed on Froyo).

Could be a corrupt cache since most of your problems seem center around the keyboard.

for now i just switched to the android keyboard and things seem to be working now. I guess I'll try the tough input one again with froyo, when it comes around. thx again guys/gals.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links