HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b

This is a discussion on HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; No you dont have to be rooted Try here How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One – SoftSailor If ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b

No you dont have to be rooted

Try here How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One – SoftSailor

If the file from this site doesnt work its usually 1 of 2 things your download is bad or its not renamed properly (its known that windows screws up renaming files sometimes)

That is all I know to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    No you dont have to be rooted

Try here How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One – SoftSailor

If the file from this site doesnt work its usually 1 of 2 things your download is bad or its not renamed properly (its known that windows screws up renaming files sometimes)

That is all I know to tell you.

DONE IT. Got 2.2 now. Thank you for pointing out the new download site.

Good to here it worked
    Enjoy!

Anyone else reading this thread is likely to want to know in easy to read steps how to root and install 2.2 on their Nexus One. Et voila:

Steps to Root Nexus One with Android 2.2,Froyo :
    ——————————————————–
    The steps to root your Nexus one could be broadly divided into three main steps :
    – Unlocking Boot Loader on Nexus One
    – Installing of Recovery on your Nexus One
    – Flashing the Froyo Rooter Signed Zip File

Step 1 : Unlock Boot Loader on your Nexus One :
    ——————————————————————
    In order to Flash the Recovery Image on the Nexus One, we first need to Unlock the Boot Loader. Unlocking the Boot Loader might Wipe all your data on the Nexus One. So, it is strongly recommended to backup your Data using Backup apps for your Nexus One Phone.
    - Turn off your Nexus One and Reboot into Fastboot Mode ( Press Trackball + Power Button Simultaneously for 2-3 Secs ). The fastboot screen is the one with the Androids on skateboards.
    - Open a command prompt and navigate to your Android SDK tools folder.
    - Type “fastboot devices” to make sure your phone is recognized. If it is not recognized, you need to install the ADB Drivers for your Nexus One.
    - Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One.
    - Use the Volume Keys to navigate to “yes” and press the Power Button to confirm the action. It will Unlock your BootLoader on your Nexus One.
    Step 2 : Install Recovery 1.7.0 on your Nexus One
    ——————————————————————–
    Download the Recovery 1.7.0 for your Nexus One to be able to Flash the Foroyo Rooter on the Nexus One. It will also allow to Flash other custom Zip Packages from the SD Card.
    - Copy the Recovery 1.7.0 that you just downloaded, into the “Tools” directory of the Android SDK. ( It should be in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ )
    - Start the Nexus One in FlashBoot Mode ( Press Trackball + Power Button Simultaneously for 2-3 Secs ) again.
    - Now go to the Tools Folder through Command Prompt or cmd in your Computer. ( C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ )
    - Type “fastboot devices” to make sure your phone is recognized. If it is not recognized, you need to install the ADB Drivers for your Nexus One.
    - Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-Nexus-v1.7.0.img” to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One. ( Please do not rename or unzip any file you download. )
    - Above command will successfully Flash the Recovery on your Nexus One. ( But this is an extremely risky process and if you miss a step or do not preform it correctly, it might brick your Nexus One and Make it completely dead. So, please take responsibility of whatever you do to your phone. )

Step 3 : Flash Froyo Rooter And Get Root Permissons on your Nexus One
    —————————————————————–
    Now, when you have successfully installed Recovery on your Nexus One, you can proceed further with Rooting it. But if the last step was not successful, please do not proceed further and ask me in comments.
    Since your phone was just wiped, you might have to enable usb debugging again so ADB and fastboot commands will work.
    - Go to Settings > Application settings > Development > USB debugging (enable)
    - Download and place the Froyo Rooter Signed Zip File in the root folder of the SD Card of your Nexus One. Do Not unzip the Froyo Rooter Signed file and do not place it inside any folder in the root of your SD Card on the Nexus one.
    - Turn Off the Nexus One and Remove the battery for 5secs and place the battery back in the Phone.
    - Now start your Nexus One in Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button + Volume Down button simultaneously for few secs.
    - Go to Recovery Using the Volume buttons to move across the menu. (The recovery screen says “Android system recovery” with green text on black background)
    - If you can not go into Recovery Mode using the above step, then open the command prompt on your Computer and navigate to your Android SDK tools folder. Type “adb reboot recovery” to reboot the phone into recovery mode.
    - Use the Trackball to navigate to “Flash zip from sdcard” and then select the Froyo Rooter Signed zip file to flash.
    - Follow the On-Screen instructions. Press the Trackball to begin the flash when prompted.
    - When the flash is complete, navigate to reboot and press the trackball to reboot.

If anyone has any problems with this version just ask and I will pop one in the n00b section after the weekend no problem.

I know myself it can be a hassle if you have never rooted etc an Android phone. Grrr pains!

I've tried many times now to instal this update with no success.
    Each time i get an error saying
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed

What am i doing wrong?
    Do i need to root first?
    Am currently running EPF21B
    on O2 UK network
    Thanks

Did you try the update file & instructions from post 11?
    No you dont need to root on some N1s but why wouldnt you?? The instructions are in this thread

yeh i've tried that. still get the same error messages

do i need to factory reset first or something?

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Did you try the update file & instructions from post 11?
    No you dont need to root on some N1s but why wouldnt you?? The instructions are in this thread
    Cause i dont know what rooting does.
    Update is fairly obvious though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links