HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b

This is a discussion on HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi, i have the uk Vodafone unlocked nexus one build epf21b running on 2.1 completely stock, i have searched many forums but have not come ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b

Question HELP!! froyo 2.2 on nexus one epf21b

hi, i have the uk Vodafone unlocked nexus one build epf21b running on 2.1 completely stock, i have searched many forums but have not come across any how to's, so how do i put android 2.2 (FroYo) on it?

thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It seems that the version number epf21b really doesn't make any difference your phone should be able to be updated like any other N1 How To Manually Update to Froyo – Smorgasbord | Android Community is one of a few sites describing the different ways to update

It appears that the epf21b vodafone N1 has a different internal setting that is used to make it run on their 3G network by the info here http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/v...-vodafone.html
    This setting is the difference between the the different version numbers for AT&T, T Mobile, Vodafone They each run on slightly different frequency's

Hopefully this answers your question the version number confused me cause it changed every time I flashed a rom

thank you for your reply but what about HSDPA?, im aware that it has 3g and also HSDPA, will it work on that aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by T4KFN View Post
    thank you for your reply but what about HSDPA?, im aware that it has 3g and also HSDPA, will it work on that aswell?
    3G is a general term for "Third Generation". There are many 3G technologies. HSDPA is one of them.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G]3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

im applying the update but all i get is signature verification error after which the installation aborts

All I can tell you is from my experience with a rooted AT&T N1 & AT&T uses hspda/umt
    I have gone from 2.1 to 2.2 back to 2.1 and am now on a 2.2 rom the phone and data has worked in each case
    Some roms will show an H when you are getting a good data signal some dont
    I am currently getting between 1meg & 2meg dowload rates with the speed test.net app

Sounds like your not rooted
    did you rename the file update.zip?

Plus as tlgem has stated a UK Vodafone nexus will not how hsdpa as "H" that is not how they are set up, you will get a blank strength bar with just the strength for GPRS, 3G and strength for 3g and then 3.5G for the HSDPA equivalent over here unless you are rooted and running another rom that will show E, 3G and H.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

[QUOTE=tlgem;58249]It seems that the version number epf21b really doesn't make any difference your phone should be able to be updated like any other N1 How To Manually Update to Froyo – Smorgasbord | Android Community is one of a few sites describing the different ways to update

I tried updating per instructions from site above and when going to apply update from sd:update zip, it scrolls and after it says failed to update because signature failed/unverified?

Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Sounds like your not rooted
    did you rename the file update.zip?
    Do you have to be rooted to update to Froyo? If so, then that is the reason I can´t update manually. I better get a comfortable chair while I wait for the update here in Portugal.:-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links