I need help with Froyo update!!!!

This is a discussion on I need help with Froyo update!!!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have been trying all evening to update to Froyo and it just isn't working out for me. I tried one download and ended up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with Froyo update!!!!

I need help with Froyo update!!!!

I have been trying all evening to update to Froyo and it just isn't working out for me. I tried one download and ended up with a Status 7 error. I found the error on the forums in this link (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/6382-2-2-froyo-update-problem.html). I followed the instructions and used that update and then got a signature verification error. I then tried the download on the 2nd page in this link (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ne-epf21b.html) and again get the Status 7 error.

I'm using the AT&T N1 that is completely stock. I have not rooted.

One question I have is...I notice in the download, the file name is "FRF50-from-ERE27" and I see that my build is EPE54B. Could this have anything to do with the errors? What do I need to do to get to Froyo? I don't think I have the patience to wait for the OTA update!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Oh yeah, my Firmware version is 2.1-update1.

mah
    FRF50/ERE27 are T-Mobile versions of the ROM, not AT&T. The error you're experiencing likely saved you from borking your phone

I don't know where/if AT&T versions (that don't require rooting first) exist in the wild. (Though they may be out there; I have TMo so I don't pay attention to AT&T ROMS.)

mah is right, you need to root first.

However if all you want is FroYo, there's really no point. Wait a few weeks and you'll get the official pushed from Google.

There are mixed results as to non root updating an AT&T phone to froyo
    It appears that the epe54 versions dont like to accept the non root update
    without first changing to a different version number 2.1 stock rom if you want to do that your on your own (google & read)

I have an AT&T N1 and looked at all the options and decided that if I was going to have to go thru all the bother/risk of trying to force the phone to take the stock update why not just root

Its your choice

Well I guess I'll look into rooting then. I don't have that big of an issue with rooting, the only downfall I see is the lack of OTA update notifications. If I don't stay on top of it then I could miss an update or something.

I'll start looking into it tonight and weigh the options and see what I think.

Thanks for the input though, guys! Its been a big help!

You need to root first which might seem (if you are a n00b) a little scary but I assure you it isn't. Just make sure you back up first. I can add a step by step guide if you like?

Steps to Root Nexus One with Android 2.2,Froyo :
    ——————————————————–
    The steps to root your Nexus one could be broadly divided into three main steps :
    – Unlocking Boot Loader on Nexus One
    – Installing of Recovery on your Nexus One
    – Flashing the Froyo Rooter Signed Zip File

Step 1 : Unlock Boot Loader on your Nexus One :
    ——————————————————————
    In order to Flash the Recovery Image on the Nexus One, we first need to Unlock the Boot Loader. Unlocking the Boot Loader might Wipe all your data on the Nexus One. So, it is strongly recommended to backup your Data using Backup apps for your Nexus One Phone. Here are some Recommendations for BackUp Apps for your Android Nexus One.
    - Turn off your Nexus One and Reboot into Fastboot Mode ( Press Trackball + Power Button Simultaneously for 2-3 Secs ). The fastboot screen is the one with the Androids on skateboards.
    - Open a command prompt and navigate to your Android SDK tools folder.
    - Type “fastboot devices” to make sure your phone is recognized. If it is not recognized, you need to install the ADB Drivers for your Nexus One.
    - Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One.
    - Use the Volume Keys to navigate to “yes” and press the Power Button to confirm the action. It will Unlock your BootLoader on your Nexus One.
    Step 2 : Install Recovery 1.7.0 on your Nexus One
    ——————————————————————–
    Download the Recovery 1.7.0 for your Nexus One to be able to Flash the Foroyo Rooter on the Nexus One. It will also allow to Flash other custom Zip Packages from the SD Card.
    - Copy the Recovery 1.7.0 that you just downloaded, into the “Tools” directory of the Android SDK. ( It should be in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ )
    - Start the Nexus One in FlashBoot Mode ( Press Trackball + Power Button Simultaneously for 2-3 Secs ) again.
    - Now go to the Tools Folder through Command Prompt or cmd in your Computer. ( C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\ )
    - Type “fastboot devices” to make sure your phone is recognized. If it is not recognized, you need to install the ADB Drivers for your Nexus One.
    - Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-Nexus-v1.7.0.img” to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One. ( Please do not rename or unzip any file you download. )
    - Above command will successfully Flash the Recovery on your Nexus One. ( But this is an extremely risky process and if you miss a step or do not preform it correctly, it might brick your Nexus One and Make it completely dead. So, please take responsibility of whatever you do to your phone. )

Step 3 : Flash Froyo Rooter And Get Root Permissons on your Nexus One
    —————————————————————–
    Now, when you have successfully installed Recovery on your Nexus One, you can proceed further with Rooting it. But if the last step was not successful, please do not proceed further and ask me in comments.
    Since your phone was just wiped, you might have to enable usb debugging again so ADB and fastboot commands will work.
    - Go to Settings > Application settings > Development > USB debugging (enable)
    - Download and place the Froyo Rooter Signed Zip File in the root folder of the SD Card of your Nexus One. Do Not unzip the Froyo Rooter Signed file and do not place it inside any folder in the root of your SD Card on the Nexus one.
    - Turn Off the Nexus One and Remove the battery for 5secs and place the battery back in the Phone.
    - Now start your Nexus One in Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button + Volume Down button simultaneously for few secs.
    - Go to Recovery Using the Volume buttons to move across the menu. (The recovery screen says “Android system recovery” with green text on black background)
    - If you can not go into Recovery Mode using the above step, then open the command prompt on your Computer and navigate to your Android SDK tools folder. Type “adb reboot recovery” to reboot the phone into recovery mode.
    - Use the Trackball to navigate to “Flash zip from sdcard” and then select the Froyo Rooter Signed zip file to flash.
    - Follow the On-Screen instructions. Press the Trackball to begin the flash when prompted.
    - When the flash is complete, navigate to reboot and press the trackball to reboot.

(and this works with stock roms ERs etc etc)

Thanks a lot! Gonna do some research on it tonight and then decide whether or not to root. If I decide to root, is it possible to go back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links