ClockworkMOd vs Amon

This is a discussion on ClockworkMOd vs Amon within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Great Info, I will research ENOM. Probably try both. That's what's nice about about rooting. Good point on Flash. I thought about that. Was not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ClockworkMOd vs Amon

Great Info,

I will research ENOM. Probably try both. That's what's nice about about rooting. Good point on Flash. I thought about that. Was not sure. Still need to figure out needing to do gapps and radio. If they are not part of ROM I guess I need to find out where to get correct version.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Great Info,

I will research ENOM. Probably try both. That's what's nice about about rooting. Good point on Flash. I thought about that. Was not sure. Still need to figure out needing to do gapps and radio. If they are not part of ROM I guess I need to find out where to get correct version.

Ken
    Whats your question on gapps and the radio?

you will need the new radio for froyo on any ROM unless you went with a port that didn't require it. The radio will likely be in the ROMs or will tell you otherwise. If you have ever tried FROYO and then gone back to a 2.1 rom, like me, then you already have the new radio and won't need to flash it again if there is an option to have one with and without. FROYO radio is compatible with 2.1 except for video recording.

gapps is usually given seperatly through Cyan and is simply flashed through recovery, easy enough. It will be included in about every other rom including Enom's rom.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I have froyo, but have never gone back to 2.1. Will only root with a 2.2 ROM. So, I would need it and if the ROM does not have it, I have to locate it on the web, correct. Not sure what a port is. Maybe Cyan's 6 will have it all.

Any experience with Modaco? I like his kitchen features.

I will pay attention to the radio and gapps as whether or not they are included. If not included, do you flash them after the ROM is installed. If I remember correctly the Nand BackUp is done prior to ROM install thru the ROM itself.

I am getting close to figuring out enough to try my first one soon. Would like to wait till 2.2 is final, so I don't need to reroot.

Thanks,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

you only need to root once. you can root now and install the rooted version of FROYO.

Because you already have FROYO you will not need to update your radio again, but wont matter if it got reflashed with the ROM or not.

You backup everytime you do ANYTHING, it takes an extra minute so its worth it. Wiping is done when switching between ROMs.

In my opinion if you have already done a manual download and then install of the leaked FROYO then rooting will be a peice of cake.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

Thank you so much,

I have done 3 froyo updates with no problems.

Just researching and trying to understand it all before trying the root.

Would probably use these instructions to root FRF83. Seem as easy to follow as any I have found. May or may not flash ClockworkMod after AMON.

Nexus One with Froyo Rooted-Easy Step by Step Guide Gadgets | Technology Simplified

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

One more question, if I root now with FRF83 rooter and another update or final 2.2 comes out, no need to re-root. So, there is no benefit to waiting as far as rooting is concerned.

Since I am just rooting nothing will change on my phone? I do use MyBackUp which is as good as it gets before going to Nand.

Would you say Modaco is the only 2.2 ROM out right now.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

One more question, if I root now with FRF83 rooter and another update or final 2.2 comes out, no need to re-root. So, there is no benefit to waiting as far as rooting is concerned.

Since I am just rooting nothing will change on my phone? I do use MyBackUp which is as good as it gets before going to Nand.

Would you say Modaco is the only 2.2 ROM out right now.

Ken
    root once and your good to go. AFAIK, there are like 15 FROYO roms out right now. there are a bunch on XDA and Slim posted one in the hacking section from RodriguezStyle.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

I actually decided to root and can't get sdk to work. When I execute it it just comes up with a blank command shell. Bad Install.

I did not install prior things like eclipse, java. When I run the command lines to get to the tools fools it says it can't find the path.

Troubleshooting now

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I actually decided to root and can't get sdk to work. When I execute it it just comes up with a blank command shell. Bad Install.

I did not install prior things like eclipse, java. When I run the command lines to get to the tools fools it says it can't find the path.

Troubleshooting now

Ken
    thats because you have to direct the path of the prompt to the correct folder, you will have to google it, sorry, but its a settings thing and is easily explained on a site that will guide you through it, then you can access your SDK tools. I think this can be avoided with eclipse.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010

I had several downloads. Some 22 to 44mb but when I would open program all I got was empty shell and could not type in it. I deleted the sdk downloads. I have my original dl of 1.4gb. That is because I installed all the platforms instead of 2.2 and drivers only. Fastboot is also in the tools folder. I reselected and installed only the 2.2 and drivers. But, I think all platforms are there still. Anyway, your are right, the path is not recognized. I will download eclipse and Java recomended in instructions. Didn't think I needed them since I am not programming. Will look at your link. Was frustrating having made the decision then stopped on sdk procedures.

My conclusion on the other question is it doesn't matter when I root at this stsge. If a new update comes out they will have a quickroot, so no need to wait. Correct?

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links