ClockworkMOd vs Amon

This is a discussion on ClockworkMOd vs Amon within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; 1. Still new, but have been reading a lot. Seems Amon is the preferred recovery image. Is CM not as good and why. Seems once ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ClockworkMOd vs Amon

ClockworkMOd vs Amon

1. Still new, but have been reading a lot. Seems Amon is the preferred recovery image. Is CM not as good and why. Seems once I am rooted I can download CM from the market and the rest is automatic. Am I wrong? I know there will be a lot of different opinions, but both will allow me to install custom ROMS and have nand backup. Why not go with the easier install, unless there is a major reason not to.

I would like to get official froyo on my N1, then attempt rooting when Cyan 6 is out.

2. Other question is: with Froyo and flash what significant reason is there to root other than nand backup. I know it can be fun to tinker, but other than themes and minor tools, gadgets etc, is there an important functional reason to do it. Most these ROMs don't have flash, however Desire with Sense sounds interesting.

To keep it simple and not get into a lengthy thread on everyone's preferences, cause I have seen the minor reasons, keep it to the big reasons.

I really appreciate any good feedback on the two Q's above. Especially CM.

Not sure how up to date my sig is, since I am already posting, but I have manual Froyo FRF72, Flash 10.1, and LauncherPro.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

im new too,and love the sense,but love froyo...can i have both?

Yes, when the ROMS are updated to froyo. ASOP is out so not too long, I hope.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'm trying to unlock my phone to root it but it is not finding my device ...any insight?

You can try this link, I am a newbie at rooting. Haven't done it yet. I have read 30+ hours on it all over the web forums from here to XDA Developers Forum and am still uncertain.

You would need to start a thread in the general discusion and ask for help. But, they will expect you to have done some research. Need to know your OS and build also.

There are missing steps on all guides. Like not mentioning you may need to download gapps and the radio image.

That said and not being sure how experienced your are, you probably need the SDK package to be able to have terminal see device. It is covered in below link.

Good Luck,

Ken

Nexus One with Froyo Rooted-Easy Step by Step Guide Gadgets | Technology Simplified

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Keep researching is my suggestion to you guys, all the questions you pose indicate you don't clearly understand the process.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Amon recovery is the recovery that is a little more simple and instructions are coded around his recovery so just use it to flash.
    ClockworkMod is an interface right on the OS of downloading and installing roms with the push of buttons on the UI, not rebooting yourself into recovery etc etc.. I prefer CM, but you have to remember it is for the 'extra' stuff, they are more or less very similar otherwise. Amon has done alot with Android phones on getting us these recoveries and helping us root, you should use his recovery to root your phone and donate to him.

People don't understand the difference in the rooting ROMs until they use them. Everyone is always wondering the BIG difference, I was asking the same questions! My answer is basically you will find out when you do it. ALL the tweaks in performance, battery, UI, extra stuff all add up to BIG things, so much in that many people are still on 2.1 ROMs because new froyo roms arent out yet that arent just ports. I need all my features and theming and UI setup. you will see how much extra your missing when you do it.

You can hop on XDA and pull up Enom's or Cyans thread and look at the changelog, you will see a very long list of mods. I could write a book telling about all the different tweaks to the contacts, phone, music player, etc etc
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

woode 29,

I have read a lot, and like everyone will have a first go at it. Saw Modaco's FRF83 ROM. Do you know anything about it. Instructions are basic after rooted. Identical to updating to 2.2 and it's incremental updates. Pretty sure on the rooting process.

Since it is 2.2, it should look and act like my current screens except for it's additional features. It is my understanding I need to flash gapps and a radio image after rooting. Paul's FRF83 has a radio image in his kitchen, but some have had problems with it and A2SD.

If I don't get his and go another ROM where do you find the correct gapps and radio for FRF83? Or, is the radio flash not always needed. Also, since it is for 2.2, does it contain Adobe 10.1? Doesn't say. I can research more and post questions there. But, not sure if I have to join as a paid member to post. Just started looking at it.

24/Jun r19 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF83 - Android @ MoDaCo

Sorry for the questions. But I am close to figuring it out at a beginner level. And just need a little one-on-one help.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

dimmakherbs,

Thanks for the reply, exactly what I was looking for. What do mean by "extra stuff" on CM? Why do you like CM? I like the UI of CM.

Any comments on the previous post of mine in regards to Modaco's FRF83 ROM. I am assuming it does not have Adobe 10.1. I don't want lose that. Most and maybe/maybe not his have flashlite. Don't think I would like that as opposed to Adobe.

Was worried about wiping device and reloading all, but had to do it when I installed LauncherPro.

I guess Google cal and email will reload automatically when prompted to sign in. I think the sign in screen is the automatic one???

Cyan should soon breready for 2.2 since the AOSP is out.

Thanks,

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I prefer Enom's stuff over Cyan, but obviously Cyan has good stuff.
    By extra stuff I mean extra stuff. Pull up all the features of the ROM. For example (remember this is before FROYO and anything that could do) there were trackball colors, trackball wake, music player mods, contact mods, phone mods including blacklist, the ROMs are quicker than stock. Enom's has a huge spare parts thing to tweak and includes things like playing WMAs just for a small example. Mostly the UI and quickness and smoothness are the big factors....

anyway. Flash 10.1 is just a download add on to the 2.2 browser. you got 2.2 you can download it, you got the 2.2 browser you can enable it, simple as that.

Cyan is about a couple days away from the first batch of test roms for 6.0.
    Enom does not release test ROMs, only stable ROMs. This means I will probably get Cyan 6.0 and wait for Enom, im Enom all the way.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links