FROYO Question

This is a discussion on FROYO Question within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Guys, I rooted and flash my new phone with the froyo update out there and everything is working great. However would i still be able ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FROYO Question

FROYO Question

Guys, I rooted and flash my new phone with the froyo update out there and everything is working great. However would i still be able to receive the actual OTA froyo update from GOOGLE when its release? or does my phone needs to have the factory settings in order to receive the update.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you have the last release (FRF83) you wont receive any OTA.. In the future if a newer release appears, and you stay in FRF83, you will receive the update by OTA

Froyo Question

the one that I have is Build Number FRF50, would I get any updates with this one? if not is there another one more up-to-date that would get the OTA froyo update when it comes out? if not then even more important how do i go back to the original factory rom so i can get the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by lucent6408d View Post
    so sorry. im confused, so would i get it? how do i know which one i have and even more important how do i go back to the original factory rom so i can get the updates
    To know what version are you running go to Settings>About Phone>Compilation Number(last option)
    To go back to factory, you should flash a recovery image. Ask Google how to go to stock (or wait til I find a link)

Froyo Question

the one that I have is Build Number FRF50, would I get any updates with this one? if not is there another one more up-to-date that would get the OTA froyo update when it comes out?

the one that I have is Build Number FRF50, would I get any updates with this one? if not is there another one more up-to-date that would get the OTA froyo update when it comes out?
    The OTA now is for FRF72 to FRF83
    To manually update FRF50 to FRF83 download http://android.clients.google.com/pa...0.38d66b26.zip
    The follow this guide UPDATE: How To Get Android 2.2 Build FRF83 From Any Stock Build AndroidSPIN courtesy of androidspin.com

Froyo Question

Killbender, first of all let me say thank you for your help. so Iam to understand that since i have rooted (unlucked) my phone and now have android 2.2 with build FRF50, i need to go back to original stock settings before I apply the FRF83 update? Im only asking so many questions because of the chances of brking my phone lol and I dont have $500 laying around to get another one lmao

Am I missing something? Once you root.. no more ota from Google period.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

ok so Im on thte FRF50 build 2.2 and with recovery image-recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1-cyan. in order to apply the FRF83 build, do i just download the file, rename it update.zip copy it to the sd card and do the flashing or do it have to restore anything back to factory 1st since the phone has been rooted

ok so Im on thte FRF50 build 2.2 and with recovery image-recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1-cyan. in order to apply the FRF83 build, do i just download the file, rename it update.zip copy it to the sd card and do the flashing or do it have to restore anything back to factory 1st since the phone has been rooted
    This guide will totally reset your phone so please be sure to backup anything you care about.

1. Reset your system files to the original system files.
    2. Reset your kernel/boot image to the original shipping boot image.
    3. Reset your recovery to original recovery

Please keep in mind, at this time there is no way to relock your nexus. Once you have unlocked your nexus it is as is.

So with all that being said here is a guide for how to return your Nexus One back to stock settings.

First you will need to have installed the latest Android SDK, which includes the USB Driver for windows for the Nexus One. Once you've installed the SDK you need to add the path to the ADB utility to your your System Environment Variables “path” variable.

Download a copy of the original Android system image here.

1. Disable backup my settings under privacy settings.

2. unzip the original shipping Rom.

3. Plug in your Nexus One to your computer via USB and make sure that you have enable USB and debug modes.

4. Open a Command Prompt on your computer

5. Type adb reboot bootloader. This will re-boot your Nexus One into the bootloader.

6. Confirm that your Nexus One has connected properly by typing fastboot devices. If it worked, your phone will be listed.

7. Erase your Userdata by typing fastboot erase userdata.

8. Erase your Cache by typing fastboot erase cache.
    *note, if step 7 and 8 do not work you can alternately do a factory data wipe within Android. Settings/Privacy settings/Factory Data Reset.

9. Go to the directory where you stored your unzipped image file.

10. Type fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

11. Type fastboot flash boot boot.img

12. Type fastboot flash system system.img

** skip to step 15 if you would like to keep your recovery image.

14. If you have a custom recovery image installed, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.

15. fastboot reboot

16. After the system boots up, skip setting up with the Google account. This is so that your settings are not pulled down from Google. But if you want to, go ahead and finish setting up and you will be back to a Stock Nexus One.

• Once you have successfully gone to a stock ROM without custom recovery, you are going to HAVE to download the original Android 2.1 update 1 update which you can find HERE.
    • Lastly, look above to ”Stock Nexus One and want Android 2.2 without having to root” and follow those instructions.
    • Make sure you follow those instructions in order.

THEN you can apply the FRF83 as update.zip

OR you can wait a couple of days till the CyanogenMod 6 (froyo 2.2) is released

Please note this is a recopilation of guides and I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE if you damage your PHONE (this guide was taken from androidspin.com)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links