2.2 update help

This is a discussion on 2.2 update help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Rioja should be able to help resolve, since he's an ace hacker, but since this is an unlocked phone, possibly rooted, I'll move this to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.2 update help

Rioja should be able to help resolve, since he's an ace hacker, but since this is an unlocked phone, possibly rooted, I'll move this to Dev/Hack forum where it might get more attention from those running alternate ROMs.

thanks,

i really appreciated all your help.
    and hope 2 get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeno15 View Post
    ok i tryed to use a few roms but the same things happen.

i tryed changing the file to, (update, update. , and update.zip and didnt change it) and still nothing.

all the vids i see look different to my phone

when i get to the recovery screen, all the people have green writing and loads of options but i have blue writing and only 4 options.

i dont really understand why or how they are different.
    If that's what your recovery looks like then that's a stock recovery from Google!

So I have to ask... are you 100% sure this phone has been rooted with an unlocked bootloader? It's easy to tell, when you reboot it, it will have a lock icon (that looks "unlocked") at the bottom of the screen. This will be on the initial screen,not the boot animation screen.

Also, where did you get the phone? If it's truly rooted running a stock recovery I think someone tried to "unroot" it or hide the fact it was rooted. Really, no one runs a stock recovery after bootloader unlock.

Please answer these two questions first before we go farther. It'll be easier for us

ok im not 100% sure it is rooted. thats prity much a guess.

yes when i turn the phone on i get the unlocked padlock on the boot up screen with the not animated cross.

i got the phone from ebay, it was as new and had 2.1 update 1 on it which is what i still have on there.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeno15 View Post
    ok im not 100% sure it is rooted. thats prity much a guess.

yes when i turn the phone on i get the unlocked padlock on the boot up screen with the not animated cross.

i got the phone from ebay, it was as new and had 2.1 update 1 on it which is what i still have on there.

Ok....

First you're going to install Superboot from here 24/Jun ERD79 -> FRF83 - Superboot - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo Install the "Superboot for ERE27" and follow the instructions on the page fr your computer OS.

!!!!EDIT!!!! Just saw your on o2. Go to Settings->About phone>Build Number and see if it says ERE27 in there. If not, download the correct version for your build number from the link above. It might be EPF21B

Next, get this app ROM Manager v2.0.0.4 Application for Android | Tools. Install and press the first item "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". This will put a custom recovery on your phone... you need it to flash a custom ROM

If everything is ok so far, you're ready for a custom ROM. Lots of choices, but for now I suggest going here 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo

Download "r21 without default MoDaCo additions". Also download the radio update right below it. Transfer both to the root of your SD from your computer. Name the "r21 without default MoDaCo additions" file "update.zip".

Pay close attention to the naming of these files. A common problem if you use windows is having the files named ".zip.zip". IN most cases you'd just name it "update". Even after a download... without touching the file Windows can screw it up!!

Unplug your phone from your computer. Open ROM Manager on your phone again and choose "Boot into Recovery". You are now in ClockworkMod Recovery.

Select "Nandroid" then "Backup" VERY IMPORTANT TO DO A BACKUP FIRST!!!!

After that's done, go back to the main Recovery screen by pressing the power button (if your not there already). select "apply sdcard: update.zip". This will flash Modaco's FRF91 that you downloaded earlier. Might take 5 minutes or so.

Next, go back to the main Recovery screen by pressing the power button (if your not there already). select "install zip from sdcard". then "choose zip from sdcard". select the radio update you downloaded earlier and flash it.

That should do it. go back to the main Recovery screen by pressing the power button (if your not there already). select "reboot system now".

Good Luck! And please report back with results

wow thanks guys

it worked, took a while to work out what to do but got there in the end.
    i had 2 change the file name to "update" and it woked fine,

but i didnt manage to do the radio one.
    do u just leave the file name the same or do u have to rename it.

thanks so much
    this has made my day.

Glad you got it up and running!

The radio should flash ok. You can try renaming it "update" and that should do it. But if calling and signal strength is fine on your phone now, maybe you should just leave it as is. I had changed the ROM on my phone many times WITHOUT doing any radio updates. Never had a problem with reception or signal.

Some people need it, some don't.

Anytime you change ROMs now, just do a Nandroid backup first in case anything goes wrong.

think ill leave it alown for now

if i get any probs ill try it

thanks again.
    you rock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links