was rooted but not anymore what give.

This is a discussion on was rooted but not anymore what give. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I tried to search but did not see what i was looking for so here is the problem i am having. when i bought my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was rooted but not anymore what give.

was rooted but not anymore what give.

I tried to search but did not see what i was looking for so here is the problem i am having.

when i bought my phone it was unlocked, rooted and froyo installed with frf50 I just upgraded to the new version when it came out and now when I went to load up cyanogen's 6.0 I cannot get to the same screen now once i go through the bootloader and go into recovery to install from sd I get an android with an exclamation mark. what gives

please help i want cyanogen now

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

im getting kinda the same thing,titanium is now saying "cant get root access",it was all ok before i upped to frf85b,weird

Quote Originally Posted by deen_03 View Post
    I tried to search but did not see what i was looking for so here is the problem i am having.

when i bought my phone it was unlocked, rooted and froyo installed with frf50 I just upgraded to the new version when it came out and now when I went to load up cyanogen's 6.0 I cannot get to the same screen now once i go through the bootloader and go into recovery to install from sd I get an android with an exclamation mark. what gives

please help i want cyanogen now

Had the same problem when I rooted several months ago. My problem was with my win 7 64 bit laptop conflicting with adb/sdk. I managed to unlock and install Amon ra, but got no futher. After a little searching a found a program called superboot and that did the trick. Google Android superboot. Once you get the needed files, it takes only seconds to get root.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    im getting kinda the same thing,titanium is now saying "cant get root access",it was all ok before i upped to frf85b,weird
    Make sure titanium is given su (super user permission). If thats not the problem, you may have lost root in which case you'll have to re-root.

Quote Originally Posted by woode29 View Post
    Make sure titanium is given su (super user permission). If thats not the problem, you may have lost root in which case you'll have to re-root.
    damn superuser is missing,was it the manual update that unrooted me??

I did the superboot but it didn't seem to work I ran it but nothing showed up on my phone saying I was rooted

I did the superboot but it didn't seem to work I ran it but nothing showed up on my phone saying I was rooted
    looks like we're unrooted again mate,i dont know if i'll re-root now

You won't see anything on your phone saying it's rooted, however when your running the command to run superboot on your pc you should see dialog like this (flashing superboot... after a few seconds you'll see flash ok, or similar terminology, I don't remeber exactly, but your confirmation is in your command prompt window. That being said, if superuser is not in your phones app menu, it's definetly not rooted.

You won't see anything on your phone saying it's rooted, however when your running the command to run superboot on your pc you should see dialog like this (flashing superboot... after a few seconds you'll see flash ok, or similar terminology, I don't remeber exactly, but your confirmation is in your command prompt window. That being said, if superuser is not in your phones app menu, it's definetly not rooted.
    i dont have the will power to go through all that rooting again it took me hours the last time lol

i dont have the will power to go through all that rooting again it took me hours the last time lol
    I suggest you step away from it for a day or two and just keep reading up on it, lot's of useful info on this forum, utube etc. I felt the same as you my first time, but in hindsight it's a fairly simple process. Having trouble the first time rooting my device taught me alot. I've since rooted two co- workers Nexus's.. took me ten minutes for both phones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links