How to: Effectively double battery life

This is a discussion on How to: Effectively double battery life within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; This has been implemented on CM6...so someone took it seriously. I like the amber but it's one of the least conserving colors. I can see ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to: Effectively double battery life

This has been implemented on CM6...so someone took it seriously. I like the amber but it's one of the least conserving colors. I can see this most useful when the screen color changes when you double-tap or similar instant access to return to normal view. Car docked, for example, I want quick access to controls, so want an always-on screen...but it could be color-dimmed for basic use, and with a double-tap returned to full-color. (of course I'm also charging while docked, but that's beside the concept--folks complain Nav chews through the cell faster than it can keep charging, for example).

Yeah, it's one of those geeky hacks that seems pointless but implemented into the OS at some point, for exactly something like navigation when you forgot your charger, could be handy. Would need to be elegantly implemented to work well though.
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post
    Yeah, it's one of those geeky hacks that seems pointless but implemented into the OS at some point, for exactly something like navigation when you forgot your charger, could be handy. Would need to be elegantly implemented to work well though.
    DT
    Not sure what you mean by "elegantly implemented". It's a super simple concept. You pick which color(s) you want the display to use. It's a pick list. Just that simple. Nothing "elegant" needed. Just a setting under "Display".

Is there an app in the Android market for unrooted N1?

A setting under Display isn't elegant to me. Because it's a low level hack, I'd at least want a widget.

DT

Quote Originally Posted by DThor View Post
    A setting under Display isn't elegant to me. Because it's a low level hack, I'd at least want a widget.

DT
    A) It's not a "hack", it's built into the display driver
    B) If it's in the options, a widget can be made to access it

P.S. Do you think that all of the options under "Settings" are hacks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links