FROYO FRF83 OTA this morning

This is a discussion on FROYO FRF83 OTA this morning within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Good morning good people.... I rooted my phone about a month ago and then last week I applied the new build FRF83 and everything has ...

Thread: FROYO FRF83 OTA this morning

FROYO FRF83 OTA this morning

Good morning good people....

I rooted my phone about a month ago and then last week I applied the new build FRF83 and everything has been working just fine, however this morning when I got up and turned my phone on, I got a message saying that I got an OS system upgrade and if I wanted to install it now or later. I selected now and the upgrade started but during the upgrade it failed on the recovery part. is there any fix out there for this or has it happened to anyone.

I thought that once I rooted the phone that there was no more OTA upgrades for me and furthermore, I thought that since I have build FRF83 on my phone already that there was no more updates avail out there. Is there another release out there later than the FRF83 build?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yup, FRF91. Small security updates.

only security updates? was there any cosmetic changes at all?

No, everything is the same.

Actually, I just re-read and saw your on FRF83... so there are 2 more updates. FRF85b and FRF91. All bug fixes, etc. Personally, I've seen no differences at all in these builds.

The update Google's pushing you might take you right to FRF91.

so since the installation for the OTA failed then does that means that I had to do it manually? also what is the best rom out there now to flash? Im only surprise because I was told that once the phone is rooted that was it, no more OTA for me and then this lol

Oh, you're rooted! Then yea, it won't install because you're probably running a custom recovery img like Amon_RA or ClockworkMod. You cannot use the official Google version without the stock recovery on the phone, and trust me, it's not worth it to go back to that! Defeats the whole purpose of rooting.

Not a problem though, I'm rooted too and just used a custom ROM. There are so many it's difficult to recommend one. LOL. I've been using Modaco's since Froyo was released. His FRF91 version should be up tomorrow 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo

Right now I'm running a simple FRF91 from lox_dev [ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67676#post67676][ROM] Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame]
    I'll prolly go back to Modaco later though, I just wanted to flash this to see what a "stock" FRF91 was like.

Have a look at XDA forums, that's where you'll find most of the ROMs Nexus One - xda-developers

WTF I got the ota this morning and pressed ok to install and now my phone has been sitting on the splash screen loading ALL DAY I cannot do anything I can't even go into bootloader please help I took the battery out and put it back in and still nothing my phone is now a great piece of crap.

Do a hard reset.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links