CM 6 is out people

This is a discussion on CM 6 is out people within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jrl022 What exactly does rendering do, if you don't mind my asking? It is a setting in CyanogenMod Settings in CM6...UI settings ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CM 6 is out people

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    What exactly does rendering do, if you don't mind my asking?
    It is a setting in CyanogenMod Settings in CM6...UI settings and it changes the way colors are drawn to save battery consumption. I wouldnt use it all the time, but i hadnt charged my phone all day and got stuck away from a charging source and wanted to use my phone. It was nice to have the option and it truly made a difference.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Apparently something called clockwork is needed?
    Its a Custom Recovery like AmonRa. You can flash it straight from the app. You can also use the Rom Manager App to Flash back to AmonRa if you Don't like Clockwork. Clockwork is the Same really if not Better than AmonRa IMO.
    Slim,

I have Amon now, can I download CW from the Market and install over Amon. Have read about some problems with both of them. Although, it is my understanding you need a recovery image like Amon, since CW is just a UI. Any tips on doing this. I would dl CW free then dl the paid app which is what I believe is recommended by CW.

Or, I guess I could just dl CM6 link from Cyan and flash it as a zip from sd card using Amon. Backup then wipe first of course. Don't know if I need to reflash gapps with CM6. I have Modaco r21 now.

Thoughts appreciated,

Ken

PS: Since you have much more experience than me, when I start putting apps to SD card, can you put them into folder or just leave them where ever they go. I thought I read somewhere that you may not even be able to see them.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Clockwork is also a custom recovery just like amonra.

With rom manager you can flash clockwork over amonra with the push of a button. You don't need the paid app to flash recovery or download/flash cm6.

As for apps 2 sd, not really sure what you are asking. You want to know if they will show up on your sd card?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Slim,

Yes, on the A2SD. I wanted to make folders and catorigize them. But read some where they don't even show on your SD Card.

On CW, I saw people having trouble with it and Amon together. Don't want to give up Amon, I need to learn more about doing this stuff manually. But, like the UI of of CW and easier flashing.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

CM6 RC1 is great... flashed yesterday and i leave it over night on the desk with like 44% of battery and today i picked it up and it was on 39% :P ofcourse with SetCPU and all the improvements... now, i just need trackball alert pro app to get updated to the CM6 cos i like to control all my notifications in one program and there r some apps that dont have trackball colors yet (like the Gmail app)

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Slim,

Yes, on the A2SD. I wanted to make folders and catorigize them. But read some where they don't even show on your SD Card.

On CW, I saw people having trouble with it and Amon together. Don't want to give up Amon, I need to learn more about doing this stuff manually. But, like the UI of of CW and easier flashing.

Ken
    it will flash over it, but save it. you can revert back to Amon directly from RomManager. It is NOT just a UI it is an actual recovery that can be booted directly in and has more features than Amon's...

Also a little tid-bit for you is that the developer is Koush, who is on the Cyan dev team. Koush and alot of his work is integrated right into the ROMs.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Thanks dimmakherbs,

I am going to try CW and CM6. Got the the phone to do these fun things.

Questions:

1. I will dl CW free from Market, do you then flash CW recovery thru CW or go back and dl it from Market. In other words is it included in CW. I think from my research it asks you do flash recovery, just not sure how that works exactly. I will get paid version to help Koush.

2. No wipe needed to do the above? Right?

3. All this is done with phone not connected to computer? I know I have to dl roms and put on SD Card as zip thru PC then flash from SD Card. Although, I guess with CW and CM6 some of these can be done OTA, no PC needed.

3. When I flash CM6 I will bu all apps, do nandroid, and I just bu'd my SD Card. Then wipe before dl'ing CW. Do I need to wipe dalvik/cache, and if so when and how?

4. If I want to remove CW, how is that done? A wipe and/or nandroid restore won't take recovery images off phone, right? I ask because I read of problems with CW and Amon when it comes to restores, I believe.

5. Install gapps after flashing CM6.

Thanks for all the help, I have been using Modaco roms, so haven't done wipes before, just flashing zips from SD Card.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

OK,

I found screenshots of where you wipe and clear dalvik. Scratch that off my questions. I assume the same choices are available thru Amon when you are ready to wipe.

Here is what I read on flashing CW Recovery:

One-time Setup

Now, before we can back up, we need to install a Recovery Image specific to your phone. Don’t worry – ROM Manager does it for you automatically with only a press of a button.

Important: unplug the USB cable during this step, as some users are reporting problems flashing recovery while plugged in (thanks DennGir and others).

This recovery image contains a boot loader which replaces your original boot loader. The boot loader gives you the ability to run Nandroid backup and restore commands outside of the OS. It also lets you install ROMs but we will not do that today. Since the OS cannot back itself up fully while running, ROM Manager will reboot into this boot loader to perform Nandroid operations.
    Recovery images vary from one phone model to another, and ROM Manager automatically figures out which one you need. These recovery images are not created by one person – there is a large community effort behind them, and the ROM Manager simply brings together in one convenient package. Alright, enough ranting – let’s get to it.

A little concerned over replacing bootloader, unless that only refers to the original one that I may no longer have after rooting.

My original question above is still good as far as how to get CW off phone if I don't like it, or have problems.

Still need the other questions answered. Then ready to try it.

Thanks so much,

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links