I need help with unlock

This is a discussion on I need help with unlock within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, Im new to this stuff. I would like to know how to unlock and root my phone. What does it do? Like with the ...

Thread: I need help with unlock

I need help with unlock

Hello, Im new to this stuff. I would like to know how to unlock and root my phone. What does it do? Like with the iphone when you unlock it you can watch nba league pass for free and put other sim cards in but what does it do on the nexus one? Thanks for any info.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kobefn View Post
    Hello, Im new to this stuff. I would like to know how to unlock and root my phone. What does it do? Like with the iphone when you unlock it you can watch nba league pass for free and put other sim cards in but what does it do on the nexus one? Thanks for any info.
    You can watch NBA League Pass free without unlocking the bootloarder, but that is a different story =).

I'm assuming you're running FroYo 2.2. Rooting and unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty but it gives you access to download Custom ROM's and have even more freedom and control of your N1.

Using Cyanogen's custom ROM, your Nexus One will be equipped with 720p HD recording. One of the MANY features it comes with.

Here is a quick rooter from Cyanogen:xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROOT] [KERNEL] [2.6.34] Quick rooter for stock FroYo systems + 2.6.34 kernel

Register here: xda-developers and search their forums for recent tutorials on how to root/unlock/flash

You can also take a look at this wonderful guide posted in the Nexus One Development and Hacking section on these very forums ----> http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-recovery.html

I just did it a couple days ago, it was really easy! I used my Windows 7 x64 computer, so there's no problems using the newest OS. Just remember, when you unlock the bootloader you will loose all your stuff. So either make a backup or if you are like me not even think about it until you see the touch the android screen... I didn't loose anything important, it was all on Google. I just had to reinstall some apps and put my widgets back.

Rooting for Noobs 101 - Learn how to root your phone here! - xda-developers

Here's a nice tutorial on how to do everything. I'm sure there's more around the forum here too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links