Immediate Help Please

This is a discussion on Immediate Help Please within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am ready to wipe phone to install CM6 from my SD Card. Didn't know there were several wipe choices. Which ones or ones do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Help Please

Immediate Help Please

I am ready to wipe phone to install CM6 from my SD Card. Didn't know there were several wipe choices. Which ones or ones do i do and in what order. Obviously not SD Card. I don't have an extension on the card all is Fat32.

Wipe data/fact reset
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik-cache
    wipe batt stats
    wipe rotae settings

If all, does it allow you to select each one in order before you actually start.

Phone is on wipe screen and ready, help appreciated.

Will flash gapps after CM6 is flashed.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, DO A NANDROID BACKUP. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

If you're coming from CM5.x, no need to wipe, just install CM6

If you're coming from another ROM (or stock) do wipe data/factory reset. That's all you need

you wont be hurting anything if you do all of them. doesnt matter what order
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Thanks for the quick replies,

I did the nandroid, titanium etc, and bu'd sd card. Running Modaco r21.

So, data factory is enough, I have read about the dalvik-cache, not sure what that does. I do have the latest radio.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

after clearing the dalvik-cache the system will just re-write it next boot.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Thanks everyone,

I wiped data fact reset and dalvik-cache and cache.

Installed CM6 and gapps all OK. Actually google is loading now.

1. Where is trackball wake, I thought CM6 had this.

2. Seems like all my apps are under widgets not shortcuts, how do I change that?

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

settings>CyanogenMod Setttings>Input Settings

as for the other issue mine seems fine. you did long press>shortcut>applications, right??
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Thanks on the wake setting, just haven't got that far yet. Yes I long pressed. I guess I can load the titanium WIDGET and restore and see what happens. Don't want the large widgets. I'll experiment.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Looks like I may have to try to restore Modaco. Screen is freezing and notification bar bar shows icon that says sd card is being checked for errors and won't stop. :confused:

Did battery pull twice.

I wiped again and rebooted thinking to restore, but sd card not read. Oops, I should have tried to restore sd card first. It rebooted with with cyan colors, but now just comes up with force close screens if I try anything including google log in. Screen freezes. Don't think I can get to mass storage to restore sd card.

It seems cm6 is back up even after wipe with sd card notification icon still checking for errors. But, Black screens and freezes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I pulled card and reinserted and rebooted, no luck. Settings show card as not available and option to mount dimmed. I didn't do anything to destroy card, I just need to get to it to restore.

Would it make any difference going into command shell, I am not familiar with adb commands for something like this.

Don't understand why CM6 comes back on after I wiped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links