Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root?

This is a discussion on Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; To start off I'm a noob at rooting my Nexus phone, I haven't done it yet and have been reading about it for a while. ...

Thread: Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root?

Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root?

To start off I'm a noob at rooting my Nexus phone, I haven't done it yet and have been reading about it for a while. Then I came across this page.

[ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67676][ROM] Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame]

It basically looks like I just install the update.zip like I did when I manually updated to Froyo. So the couple questions I have is I already have FRF91 from an OTA update on my AT&T Nexus, so can I just skip to the Root step and run that update?

Then if I do that will it just be flashing root access with those couple apk's on it and not loose any of my stuff? Or will it be like a fresh new phone? Basically I just want root access to edit my hosts file and maybe run some apps that require root access to work. Thanks for any help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nobody? Well I decided to just download it and give it a try... Well I didn't get far, I got the signature verification failed when I tried to do it. So I guess that means I do need to unlock the bootloader before I apply this update. Or am I just doing something wrong?

Well... I got it done... I unlocked the bootloader and went from there. Now I just have to re-install everything...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links