Updates for rooted Froyo ROM

This is a discussion on Updates for rooted Froyo ROM within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So yeah, I rooted my nexus one and then found a version of Froyo that works with the rooted phone. This has been great but ...

Thread: Updates for rooted Froyo ROM

Updates for rooted Froyo ROM

So yeah, I rooted my nexus one and then found a version of Froyo that works with the rooted phone. This has been great but now my phone is asking to update system everytime I try to use it and the update is failing. Not sure exactly what info is needed to help but Android Version is 2.2 and build number is FRF50. Anyone know how I can get updates or install the latest greatest mod?

I apologize if there is already a thread that covers this but I could not find one.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by PoWdA View Post
    So yeah, I rooted my nexus one and then found a version of Froyo that works with the rooted phone. This has been great but now my phone is asking to update system everytime I try to use it and the update is failing. Not sure exactly what info is needed to help but Android Version is 2.2 and build number is FRF50. Anyone know how I can get updates or install the latest greatest mod?

I apologize if there is already a thread that covers this but I could not find one.

Thanks!
    Once rooted your phone can no longer receive ota updates from Google, so that's strange that you would be getting the message to update. Are you certain the phone is rooted? FRF50 was the original test rom released to developers by Google in May or June, subsequently several updated and modified versions based on FRF50 were released. As of today the RC of Froyo is widely available. You can run it, or modified versions like Cyanogen mod 6.0 which I highly recommend.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

I appreciate your reply. Yeah it is definitely rooted. The version of 2.2 I am on was the first version I could find that would work with a rooted nexus one and I think it was leaked or something but yeah, it's asking for updates and failing. I am going to try that Cyanogen you mentioned. I ran Cyanogen back when I was on 2.1 and liked it, I am sure I will like it on 2.2 as well.

Again, I appreciate your post!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links