Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

This is a discussion on Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding" within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rollthedice16 Oh my god I'm an idiot. Sorry to put you through all of this but I just want to double check ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

Quote Originally Posted by rollthedice16 View Post
    Oh my god I'm an idiot.

Sorry to put you through all of this but I just want to double check I'm doing everything 100%. When I load the superboot in terminal:
    - cd 1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot.zip or do I put the extracted folder?
    - chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
    - ./install-superboot-mac.sh
    First, make sure USB debugging is on. On your N1 go to Settings > Applications > Development and pick "USB Debugging"

Next, yes, extract to a folder on your mac so you have "1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot" folder.

Then you can run the commands you listed above to superboot your phone.

If you it still isn't working for you, I think your best bet is to re-install Froyo completely or flash a custom ROM.

I think I've done about all I can. My phone works fine after running superboot, but if I turn it off and then on it just goes back to getting no service with the process system error message.

I would try to install a custom rom but now my SD card seems screwed as the phone doesn't recognise that one is there. Think I'll just cut my losses and try to sell the phone to someone who knows how to fix it.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

I think I've done about all I can. My phone works fine after running superboot, but if I turn it off and then on it just goes back to getting no service with the process system error message.

I would try to install a custom rom but now my SD card seems screwed as the phone doesn't recognise that one is there. Think I'll just cut my losses and try to sell the phone to someone who knows how to fix it.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

Don't give up yet bro! Please try one more thing, you have nothing to lose!!

Go here: [ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67676][ROM] Froyo FRF91 Stock with optional root - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame]

Download the multiupload link (frf91) under "Update.zip to flash with custom recovery"

Download the update.zip link under "Root"

First, try flashing the "root" download. This is an alternative to superboot that may work for you. If it doesn't work flash the first one (multiupload) from recovery. This will re-install FRF91 and hopefully put you back to stock.

To flash either one, your going to download it, make sure it's named "update.zip" and transfer it to your sd card. then flash it.

You phone gets "rooted" when you boot your phone for the first time after installing superboot. Something is obviously going wrong there, but I'm not sure what. Yeah... its a bad problem, but these phones are very difficult to brick. So most problems are fixable, even though it takes time.

How can I get my phone to recognise my SD card though?

If I go Settings > SD card and phone storage it says
    Total space: unavailable
    Available space: unavailable
    Mount SD card: insert an SD card for mounting
    Format SD card: Erase the SD card.

all of these options are greyed out though. I do have a USB card reader but it doesn't support Micro SD cards.

How can I get my phone to recognise my SD card though?

If I go Settings > SD card and phone storage it says
    Total space: unavailable
    Available space: unavailable
    Mount SD card: insert an SD card for mounting
    Format SD card: Erase the SD card.

all of these options are greyed out though. I do have a USB card reader but it doesn't support Micro SD cards.
    Are you able to choose the Format SD card option? If you can, format it

[EDIT]
    I just read you said they're all greyed out. Unfortunately it looks like you need a new card if you can't format

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Are you able to choose the Format SD card option?
    No, it's greyed out like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Are you able to choose the Format SD card option?
    No, it's greyed out like the others.
    Then you'll need a new card. The only other thing is to try plugging the phone into your Mac and see if it Disk Utility can see the card.

Haha I can't believe this!

Did the usual superboot process.. AGAIN. Now I'm able to put those zip files on my SD. Flashed the one that says "root" and low and behold my phone is working! Turned off then on and it's working!!

Thank you so freaking much!

Do I need to flash the other zip file - the one under "Update.zip to flash with custom recovery" or should I just leave it??

Haha I can't believe this!

Did the usual superboot process.. AGAIN. Now I'm able to put those zip files on my SD. Flashed the one that says "root" and low and behold my phone is working! Turned off then on and it's working!!

Thank you so freaking much!

Do I need to flash the other zip file - the one under "Update.zip to flash with custom recovery" or should I just leave it??
    FOR GOD SAKES... JUST LEAVE IT!!
    :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Seriously, I'm happy you got it running, ... you are set now, no need to flash any of the others.

What you need to do ASAP if download ROM Manager from the Market. It's free. You are going to choose "Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery" (the first link in the app). Then you need to do a Nandroid backup. This will backup your current working OS on your sd card. You do this by choosing the second link in the app "Reboot into Recovery" and go to "nandriod" then "backup". Let it run

Now you'll have a nandroid folder on your sd card that has a good OS you can restore the phone to in case something goes wrong when you start flashing ROMs, etc.

After that it's all fun & games. ROM Manager can install popular ROMs for you easily and do other things like restore. Actually, I think it does a nandroid too but I gave you the old fashioned way above because I haven't used RM for that yet... not sure how it really works

Glad I could be of help. Although my next move was to offer you $100 for the phone :rofl3:

Done, done, and done!

Seriously, you have saved my life!

If I wasn't on the other side of the world I would buy you a beer.

Don't worry, from now on I will be staying far, FAR away from any more hacking/loading roms!

Thanks again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links