Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

This is a discussion on Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding" within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; rioja I just wanted to thank you for the help!!! I had the EXACT same problem as the OP, and I was so happy to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

rioja

I just wanted to thank you for the help!!! I had the EXACT same problem as the OP, and I was so happy to find this thread solving the problem.

I have one question about the solution. With the last fix flashing an update.zip. What ROM did we install?

Again, THANKS SO MUCH!! and rollthedice - thanks for being in the same boat as me.

Quote Originally Posted by emerilnut View Post
    rioja

I just wanted to thank you for the help!!! I had the EXACT same problem as the OP, and I was so happy to find this thread solving the problem.

I have one question about the solution. With the last fix flashing an update.zip. What ROM did we install?

Again, THANKS SO MUCH!! and rollthedice - thanks for being in the same boat as me.
    Hi emerilnut, glad I could help!

The last update is plain old Froyo FRF91, the same thing Google pushes with an OTA update. The only difference is that it's "unsecured", meaning that the checks Google puts in to see if your phone is running an older official Google ROM & recovery are removed.

This is necessary if you're not running the Google stock recovery image because Google OTA's only work with stock recovery. So it goes like this:

Do I have a stock recovery? YES
    Can I install Google OTA updates? YES
    Can I install 3rd party ROMS like Cyanogen? NO

Do I have a stock recovery? NO... I have 3rd party recovery like Amon RA or ClockWorkMod
    Can I install Google OTA updates? NO
    Can I install 3rd party ROMS like Cyanogen? YES
    But I want plain old Froyo, what do I do? Find an unsecured version of Froyo and install that.

Hope that makes sense!

One more piece of advice, backup your SD Card to your PC and/or a thumbdrive on a regular basis. It is a new/fun world of flashing ahead. But, will have more times like you just went thru. Not to mention screwing up the SD Card by something as simple as not unmounting properly. I have done it and the backup saved me.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks for the advice. I will back it up regularly.

I did luckily have the setting for backing up to the cloud set right, so the last time I ran through the rooting process, all my apps came back.

I'm wondering if there is a way to back up the system so that the homescreen pages settings are also preserved.

I use LauncherPro from the Market for my Homecreens. So after I restore from nandroid I put Titanium Backup on my phone first. TB is excellent and also from the Market. Then thru TB I just run LauncherPro and all Homescreens are put back on phone, including folders. I sometimes have to redo alarms or ringtones. No big deal.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I user Launcher Pro as well. Here's my latest developments.

After reading this thread, I used rioja's repairs to get rid of my error that was basically taking me OFF T-Mobile (radio didn't work).

I went ahead and this time went through running Superboot again and going all the way through with the Cyan MOD 6.0 RC2 install (which I hadn't done before). When the dust had settled, my phone rebooted and the Launcher Pro homescreens with the correct icons came up. I didn't have to redo everything like before. The only thing that did happen was that all the widgets were black shadows saying "Widget failed to load" I just had to delete and recreate them and everything is working fine.

THANKS!!!

And another plus... the reason I rooted in the first place was because of that damn wifi going to sleep problem... well this FIXED IT!!!

Thanks guys and thanks to the Cyan devs.

Happy Days Are Here Again,

Same issue with Widgets, small price to pay for all the Homescreens coming back.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hello rioja i had the exact same problem as rollthedice16 and now my phone works but my only problem is that my wifi doesnt work any more here are some pictures so you can see, please help and thank you.

It looks like something wasn't installed properly, but I don't think it's from rooting, rather it's the ROM install itself.

First, you should try re-flashing a custom ROM on the phone and see if that fixes it (I'm assuming you rooted right from 2.2 Froyo). Any 2.2 ROM will do, such as the one I listed earlier in this thread or the one I use now 02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo (r21 with default MoDaCo addition)

Just do a nandroid backup first in case something goes wrong... at least you can get back to what you have now. Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by smshady View Post
    Hello rioja i had the exact same problem as rollthedice16 and now my phone works but my only problem is that my wifi doesnt work any more here are some pictures so you can see, please help and thank you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links