Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

This is a discussion on Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding" within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, Ok so I just got my N1(build FRF91) and attempted to root it the other day. Sadly, things did not go well. I'm ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

Tried to root: no signal & "Process System Not Responding"

Hi guys,

Ok so I just got my N1(build FRF91) and attempted to root it the other day. Sadly, things did not go well.
    I'm pretty sure the bootloader was unlocked fine as when I boot into bootloader mode (trackball and power button method) it says UNLOCKED in pink writing at the top.

Next I went to flash the superboot - I was a bit confused at instructions so I found a video demo on YouTube where I can see what needs to be done.
    The instructions on the YouTube video turned out to be wrong..
    The instructions at MoDaCo say:

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
    - Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then press and hold the trackball to enter the bootloader
    - MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

I only did the first part that is bold. When I turned on my phone I have no reception at all and kept getting this warning: "Sorry! Process System is not responding" with the option to either wait, or force close - both did nothing to fix the issue.

I realised my mistake in the superboot process and re-did it making sure to do both parts in bold above. After turning on my phone everything seems to be working! I have reception and everything is ok by the look of it... I turned my phone off then on again just to make sure everything was ok and my N1 has gone back to the issues of not having any reception and I keep getting the "Sorry! Process System not responding" error message about every 3 minutes.

Please help me!! I'm an Android noobie and realise I'm an idiot for attempting to do this when I clearly don't know how to!

So far doing either a hard reset or a soft reset has not solved the issue.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi rollthedice16

Are you sure superboot rooted your N1? To check, look in applications for the "Superuser" app and see if it opens. You could have had a corrupt superboot download. The file should be around 3.8MB.

Also, you need to have the correct superboot for your build version. The best to download superboot for FRF91 is here http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/down...blitz-no-serve

Thanks for the response. I do have Superuser Permissions in my Applications but it is only 16kb.

I did download the correct superboot for my build, from here:
    22/Jul - Superboot ERD79 -> FRF91 - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

The first link doesn't work but it seems like the mirror is ok as it's 3.7mb.

What should I do now?

Unfortunately, I think you need to start from scratch.

First verify that your download is ok by confirming the MD5 checksum. On your Mac, open a Terminal window and type:
    > openssl md5 [PATH_TO_SUPERBOOT_DOWNLOAD]

This should give you the same MD5 checksum value that's on the Modaco download page - (de97d4f6c3b724d8cde015a986f99b95) 22/Jul - Superboot ERD79 -> FRF91 - rooting the Nexus One - Android @ MoDaCo

If you get a different value, try downloading superboot again and verify checksum.

If you get the same value, the download was good, so that's not the problem. But before I get into next steps, do you have WiFi working on the phone??? Because if you can have a connection it will be a lot easier.

I tried this today before I read your reply:

installed AmonRa's recovery and did a factory reset and wipe and both did not fix the issue.

HOWEVER. I thought I'd try the superboot process after doing the recovery (downloaded a fresh superboot from modaco - right build etc.) and everything seemed to work! I had reception/signal and everything seemed fine. But I thought I'd restart my phone like I did earlier and unfortunately the same thing has happened - I've gone back to having no service and getting the error message of "Sorry Process system is not responding." and the phone doing these mini-restarts every minute.
    This is weird how my phone will be fine right after running a superboot, but once I turn it off and on it doesn't work..
    I wont cause any harm doing these repeated superboots will I?

Then I read your reply later today and after running a checksum I got:

6dc34c3e94f52fdea73683d7f6d557eb instead of

de97d4f6c3b724d8cde015a986f99b95

I am downloading the right build number. Downloaded it again to double check and still getting the first checksum.

Also I tried to get wifi but it just says Error (no pop up message it just says it underneath Wi-Fi, this happens instantly) - tried to do this when the phone is having the service and process system issues.

Thanks I really appreciate you trying to help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by rollthedice16 View Post
    I wont cause any harm doing these repeated superboots will I?

I am downloading the right build number. Downloaded it again to double check and still getting the first checksum.
    Ok, that must be your problem. Bad download. I just ran checksum on a version I downloaded and it's good. I'm uploading now to my Dropbox for you. Give me a few minutes... then try that one.

And no, you're not going to hurt anything by constantly applying superboot.. it's ok

Ok, try this from my dropbox http://dl.dropbox.com/u/585624/1.1-F...-superboot.zip

Run checksum again though!! And run it 2-3 times, just to be safe

Either I'm the biggest noob ever or it's still not right..

1. I open terminal and type: openssl md5 install-superboot-mac.sh
    and I'm still getting 6dc34c3e94f52fdea73683d7f6d557eb

I'm doing it correctly, right? If I do the whole folder I get:

Read Error in /Users/macbook/Downloads/1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot
    146:error:0200B015:system library:fread:Is a directory:bss_file.c:167:
    146:error:20082002:BIO routines:FILE_READ:system lib:bss_file.c:168:

Either I'm the biggest noob ever or it's still not right..

1. I open terminal and type: openssl md5 install-superboot-mac.sh
    and I'm still getting 6dc34c3e94f52fdea73683d7f6d557eb

I'm doing it correctly, right? If I do the whole folder I get:

Read Error in /Users/macbook/Downloads/1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot
    146:error:0200B015:system library:fread:Is a directory:bss_file.c:167:
    146:error:20082002:BIO routines:FILE_READ:system lib:bss_file.c:168:
    You need to do it on the zip file and put in the full path.
    Copy the command below

openssl md5 /Users/macbook/Downloads/1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot.zip

Oh my god I'm an idiot.

Sorry to put you through all of this but I just want to double check I'm doing everything 100%. When I load the superboot in terminal:
    - cd 1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot.zip or do I put the extracted folder?
    - chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
    - ./install-superboot-mac.sh

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links