Never rooted before wanting some advice.

This is a discussion on Never rooted before wanting some advice. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok so since the Nexus One was released in the US back in January I purchased one via Ebay from someone who lived in Sydney ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never rooted before wanting some advice.

Never rooted before wanting some advice.

Ok so since the Nexus One was released in the US back in January I purchased one via Ebay from someone who lived in Sydney and had already had a brand new unopened N1... I have put off rooting the phone since purchasing it for various reasons.

But now I am really considering rooting my N1 seeing as a lot of people seem to be having a blast with so much more features the phone can do. I saw the 2 stickied threads up the top but I don't know which one of the 2 to follow..

What are the best ROMS I can put on my Nexus one and which of the 2 threads would you recommend me follow in rooting my Nexus one?

I'm on 2.2 FRF91.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if your gonna use cyanogen (which i highly recommend) use quick boot

Root Android 2.2 on Nexus One [Froyo] | Redmond Pie

you can download it from that link and use the second root guide for cyanogen and you should be good to go.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Ok and what are the advantages of rotting my Nexus One? Do I wait for the newest stable release of CM which I've been reading should be out soon?

I don't know I really want to root my N1 but then again I don't if the advantages are just a few extra things I can do and a phone that is a bit faster than what it already is. I don't know LOL!

Rooting and installing a new rom are two different things.

Personally, i run the stock 2.2 with root access so I can use screenshot apps and an ad-blocker. Definitely don't miss the ads in apps.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

OH man! I REALLY want a screenshot function! You can get that by rooting? I am all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post

Personally, i run the stock 2.2 with root access so I can use screenshot apps and an ad-blocker. Definitely don't miss the ads in apps.
    Which apps are the ones you are using? Is there an app that allows you to customize the led notifications if you are rooted?

How do you use ad-blocker? Can you link me to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post

Which apps are the ones you are using? Is there an app that allows you to customize the led notifications if you are rooted?
    Yes, CM6 latest nightlies,

Index of /cm/nightly/
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

How about without using a custom rom?

If rooted with a custom recovery you can flash Cyanogen CM6 RC2 from their nightly page I posted above. Just dl, copy to root of sd card and rename "update" no quotes. I use it. I hope that answers your question.

I think it is the best right now.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links