Nexus One back to stock, not receiving Froyo?

This is a discussion on Nexus One back to stock, not receiving Froyo? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, I have just returned my nexus one back to its stock ROM and although I'm not sure if I did it correctly it's ...

Thread: Nexus One back to stock, not receiving Froyo?

Nexus One back to stock, not receiving Froyo?

Hi guys,

I have just returned my nexus one back to its stock ROM and although I'm not sure if I did it correctly it's working again.

My question now is, does any one know how long the OTA from Froyo should take to be downloaded?

I am running my N1 on O2 in the UK. I also thought it might be worth giving you the system details just in case anything looks wrong!

Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29-bacon1shade@toxygene #1
    Build Number: ERE27

If anyone can shed any light on this for me it would be a massive help!

Cheers,
    Matt

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try doing a checkin by dialing *#*#checkin#*#* (*#*#2432546#*#*) which will "check in" to Google's servers. This will force your N1 to search for patches and updates immediately.

Good Luck

Hiya, gave that one a go already an hour or so ago but nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty182 View Post
    Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29-bacon1shade@toxygene #1
    Build Number: ERE27
    That is a very strange name for the kernel version. Are you sure that you are really "back to stock"?

An honest answer is no, I'm not sure that I am back to stock. I am certainly back to the standard android ROM whereas I was running the desire sense ROM before.

I thought the kernel version seemed odd as well, my main reason for posting it here.

A rough description of how I did the roll back was to go into the boot-loaders, then recovery (which I think is the Amon-RA part), then recovered the Nand part.

When it rebooted it then went back into Android2.1. Me thinks I might have missed something?...

OK gentlemen, another update.

Last night I received the OTA for 2.2. When selecting 'update now' the phone shuts down and reboots into Android Recovery (black screen/green writing), it then finds and unpacks the files and begins a verification. It is at this point the verification fails (something like E:/file verification failed) and then reboots back into 2.1.

Looks like I have done something wrong somewhere down the line so if anyone has any ideas what the heck I should do I would eternally grateful!

Cheers guys!

At the bottom the recovery screen does it read "ClockWorkMod Recovery" or "Build : RA-nexus"? if so, you're using a custom recovery. You need a stock recovery to install OTA's from Google.

The easiest way for you to get 2.2 is to search Google for something like "FRF91 for rooted Nexus One" or look over on XDA forums to find a version you can install manually.

Thanks for all the pointers, I have managed to resolve the issue and now have MoDaCo's Froyo running.

Cheers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links