720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

This is a discussion on 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; damn i wish i knew what you guy are talking about... lol i want HD recording too ! help me out im a noob...

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

damn i wish i knew what you guy are talking about... lol i want HD recording too ! help me out im a noob

I am getting pretty bad FPS on the recording too, which is kinda a letdown as it is the reason I rooted. I have tried four different WM kernals, each giving a horrid 9FPS result (tested and verified through the youtube information).

Im running Cyanogen 6 RC3 and currently trying the WM 2.6.35-925mV-CFS 720P-1267MHz NoAB 81110-TEST kernal.

Any suggestions?

I've been running the same kernel with CM6 and been getting and average 28fps during outdoor recordings. What class is your SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeikle View Post
    I am getting pretty bad FPS on the recording too, which is kinda a letdown as it is the reason I rooted. I have tried four different WM kernals, each giving a horrid 9FPS result (tested and verified through the youtube information).

Im running Cyanogen 6 RC3 and currently trying the WM 2.6.35-925mV-CFS 720P-1267MHz NoAB 81110-TEST kernal.

Any suggestions?
    That's odd because I ran the same Kernel/ROM and was running at 25-27 FPS. I'm not sure what could be the problem. Did you make sure you are OverClocked to 1113MHz or 1152MHz and have it set on PERFORMANCE and not ON DEMAND.

Quote Originally Posted by Kits2GR View Post
    I've been running the same kernel with CM6 and been getting and average 28fps during outdoor recordings. What class is your SD card?
    Although it can effect FPS, the class of the SD card doesn't really matter. I'm still running the 4GB SDcard that came with the phone and I'm getting 25-27 FPS.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I'm using the stock class 2 SD card that came with my phone and it works fine too. But there is a SD card that is below class 2 and I was recording something for my buddy and it had horrible frame rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeikle View Post

Any suggestions?
    That's odd because I ran the same Kernel/ROM and was running at 25-27 FPS. I'm not sure what could be the problem. Did you make sure you are OverClocked to 1113MHz or 1152MHz and have it set on PERFORMANCE and not ON DEMAND.
    It was set to "on demand" so I changed it to "performance" and tried it at both the 1113 and 1152MHz settings, they both came in averaging 9-11FPS.

I took a look at the recorder settings, it is set to 720P but seems to be forced into staying at that + MP4 format (all other options are grayed out and not selectable) is this normal?

Weird I had my CPU clocked at 1113MHz and On Demand at first with the 1113MHz Kernel.. was getting roughly 17-19 FPS...

Haven't tried recording anything now that I've clocked my CPU to 1190MHZ with the 1267MHz Kernel.. Should do tonight and see if performance is changed or the same.

I am currently running this wildmonks kernel:

2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_NoAB_720p_1113MHz_082710

I have setcpu OC'd to 1113MHz. Above the green max slider it still says 537 max and 245 min. Is that supposed to be like that or should it say 1113 max and 245 min (sorry newb question)?

My scaling is set on demand, but when I try to set it on performance and reboot it still says on demand. Can anyone provide some insight please.

I may just be reading something wrong or just dont understand how to use setcpu properly.

Thanks in advance.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post

I have setcpu OC'd to 1113MHz. Above the green max slider it still says 537 max and 245 min. Is that supposed to be like that or should it say 1113 max and 245 min (sorry newb question)?

My scaling is set on demand, but when I try to set it on performance and reboot it still says on demand. Can anyone provide some insight please.

I may just be reading something wrong or just dont understand how to use setcpu properly.

Thanks in advance.
    Here is a screen shot of my setcpu. They say pictures are worth a thousand words.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Thanks in advance.
    Here is a screen shot of my setcpu. They say pictures are worth a thousand words.
    Maybe one of your profiles is overriding your max speed. Do you have your USB cable plugged in?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links