720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

This is a discussion on 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer Originally Posted by dragongunner Originally Posted by dragongunner I am currently running this wildmonks kernel: 2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_NoAB_720p_1113MHz_082710 I have setcpu OC'd to ...

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    I am currently running this wildmonks kernel:

2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_NoAB_720p_1113MHz_082710

I have setcpu OC'd to 1113MHz. Above the green max slider it still says 537 max and 245 min. Is that supposed to be like that or should it say 1113 max and 245 min (sorry newb question)?

My scaling is set on demand, but when I try to set it on performance and reboot it still says on demand. Can anyone provide some insight please.

I may just be reading something wrong or just dont understand how to use setcpu properly.

Thanks in advance.
    Here is a screen shot of my setcpu. They say pictures are worth a thousand words.
    Maybe one of your profiles is overriding your max speed. Do you have your USB cable plugged in?
    Yes usb was plugged in at the time of the screenie.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Here is a screen shot of my setcpu. They say pictures are worth a thousand words.
    Maybe one of your profiles is overriding your max speed. Do you have your USB cable plugged in?
    Yes usb was plugged in at the time of the screenie.
    Aha. Unplugging my usb jumped it up to 1113MHz. Do I need to reboot if I make changes from scaling on demand and lets say to performance?

DragonGunner

Check your Profiles. If they are set to ondemand then it will override your setting for performance. No need to reboot.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Check your Profiles. If they are set to ondemand then it will override your setting for performance. No need to reboot.
    Thanks iphoneSlayer. I didn't know that. Changed the profile settings to performance.

I took a quick vid outside and it says that it was shot at 22fps. When I shoot vids indoors its much slower. Is that normal?

DragonGunner

You're welcome, man.
    I haven't really shot many vids yet so I can't really give you any info on that..sorry. You may want to try a few different kernals and see what works the best for you. Also the latest nightlies come with some good kernals also. Battery life is excellent.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I believe it would be to do with lack of consistent light in the room? My bathroom is bright white and the light helps it to achieve 17-19 FPS where as the video I took of my room has a lesser light and averaging 12-13 in which I have my CPU clocked to 1190MHz and Performance

To be honest, i dont like CM6's 720p camera setup. Yes, it has good quality but look where the problem comes in:

Like its stated in the picture. If you go to the Camera, there is a big space but when you go on Video Recorder, its smaller. How do i fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermrz View Post
    To be honest, i dont like CM6's 720p camera setup. Yes, it has good quality but look where the problem comes in:

Like its stated in the picture. If you go to the Camera, there is a big space but when you go on Video Recorder, its smaller. How do i fix that?
    Yeah I agreed. The only thing I disliked is the camera. But that all gonna change soon :D Tried eVils NXSense yesterday and the camera was superb and pleases the eyes.

LiGhT-SabReD by TaPaTalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

I really HATE to bring this back up again, and I have read this entire thread, but I still can't find the darn 720 setting.

I have the CM6 RC3 Rom as Gezza did, and the same kernel.

When I start Camera, then slide to video, I see 4 options, the top one is "High". I don't see any buttons. If I select "High" I get the same four options:

High -30m; Low 30min; MMS Low 30; Youtube high 15m; Custom

In a vertical box with buttons to select them. This box does not scroll. I don't see any other buttons at this point either.

I know it's been explained at least twice in this threat, and seems like it should be very simple, but I just can't find the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am a bit confused. (Again)

I have just installed CM6- RC3- with the Kernel that came with it.
    Kernel 2.634.4 Cyanogenmod - Shade@toxygene#1

I don't see 720 setting. It is just there.

It just says High -30m. Low 30min, MMS Low 30, Youtube high 15m, Custom.

Where do I find 720P.

What is cam 720?

Dam I feel like the dumbest person here,

Thanks,

Gezza.
    When you slide to video on your Nexus One, you will see 4 little buttons on the side. If you are holding your phone in landscape(long ways) select the button at the top.

Once that menu appears, you can scroll down it. You will see 720p near the bottom. =)

Quote Originally Posted by gshine View Post
    I really HATE to bring this back up again, and I have read this entire thread, but I still can't find the darn 720 setting.

I have the CM6 RC3 Rom as Gezza did, and the same kernel.

When I start Camera, then slide to video, I see 4 options, the top one is "High". I don't see any buttons. If I select "High" I get the same four options:

High -30m; Low 30min; MMS Low 30; Youtube high 15m; Custom

In a vertical box with buttons to select them. This box does not scroll. I don't see any other buttons at this point either.

I know it's been explained at least twice in this threat, and seems like it should be very simple, but I just can't find the darn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am a bit confused. (Again)

I have just installed CM6- RC3- with the Kernel that came with it.
    Kernel 2.634.4 Cyanogenmod - Shade@toxygene#1

I don't see 720 setting. It is just there.

It just says High -30m. Low 30min, MMS Low 30, Youtube high 15m, Custom.

Where do I find 720P.

What is cam 720?

Dam I feel like the dumbest person here,

Thanks,

Gezza.
    When you slide to video on your Nexus One, you will see 4 little buttons on the side. If you are holding your phone in landscape(long ways) select the button at the top.

Once that menu appears, you can scroll down it. You will see 720p near the bottom. =)
    Hey Im gonna try to help you. Hold your phone Veritcally or in portrait. Open the camera app switch it to video. Now you should see 4 buttons on the bottom. Click the one that looks like a Power button icon all the way to the right. Now when you click it.. You can use your finger to scroll down to more settings not just the ones at the top and toward the bottom youll see an option to have 720p. Hope this helps
    R.I.P. Nexus..
    Rooted w/ CyanogenMod 6 Final Build
    [Amon RA Recovery 1.9.0 Alpha]

Coming Soon Samsung Vibrant..

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links