720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

This is a discussion on 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks man! Got it working. I kinda figured that was the way to flash it, but after reading some threads in xda, I wasn't too ...

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 720p Video Recording Finally Possible on CM6

Thanks man! Got it working. I kinda figured that was the way to flash it, but after reading some threads in xda, I wasn't too sure anymore. So far its running smooth at 1190 on set cpu.
    Did you have to set anything to get 24 fps? or is it already set like that?

BTW how long does your battery last you?
    This is what I have of Set CPU
    Min 245 Max 1190

Battery <15% 245min 576max
    Charging/Full 245min 537 max
    Screen OFF 245min 499 max

After moderate to high usage from 8:30 am to 11m I have about 15% battery left. This was all on the kernal that came with CM

Again, Thanks for your help
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Thanks man! Got it working. I kinda figured that was the way to flash it, but after reading some threads in xda, I wasn't too sure anymore. So far its running smooth at 1190 on set cpu.
    Did you have to set anything to get 24 fps? or is it already set like that?

BTW how long does your battery last you?
    This is what I have of Set CPU
    Min 245 Max 1190

Battery <15% 245min 576max
    Charging/Full 245min 537 max
    Screen OFF 245min 499 max

After moderate to high usage from 8:30 am to 11m I have about 15% battery left. This was all on the kernal that came with CM

Again, Thanks for your help
    SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

You're welcome! Yea, once you start jumping around forums and instructions, you tend to get lost in the vast amount of information everyone gives you. It's quite annoying. I wish there was ONE guide for everything that is constantly updated. That way people don't jump from site to site finding out different steps each time.

Wait....you only got 3 hours of usage on CM6 Stock Kernel?! With this Kernel, I run at 1157MHz and use it throughout the day to check multiple forums, push e-mail and text. I have about 50 % at the end of the day. The battery is PHENOMENAL. Before, I would have to charge before I went to sleep and by the next day (around mid-day) I would find myself charging it again.

This kind of brought back memories of my iPhone battery :rofl3:. Every since I rooted/Flashed CM6/WildMonk Kernel, I have experienced so minimal battery drain that I never thought was possible. That is, without exaggeration. If you find yourself in a situation where you are having more battery drain than previously, I would pull the battery, fully charge and see if it doesn't improve.

You could even decrease your CPU speed. I wouldn't decrease below 1113MHz, because then there would be no point in a custom kernel .

Was your usage HEAVY. I would only assume that it was if you only went from 0800am-1100am.

As far as the 720p FPS, it is automatic. With the kernel that came with CM6, I shot 22FPS. With the custom Kernel, I shot at 24FPS. I know it's only 2 more FPS, but considering the iPhone is 30 FPS and looks BEAUTIFUL, 24 FPS is pretty damn close =) and the max is 27FPS.

I test my videos FPS with MediaInfo ..

All my test footage with CM6 RC2 & RC3 with STOCK and CUSTOM Kernel's are on my YouTube Channel: YouTube - TerroriiSm's Channel

RC2 got me 12FPS =p...just to give you an idea.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

MUST BE ROOTED:

I hear the Korean radio has increased download and upload speeds dramatically. It has been tested and deemed safe on the T-Mobile network. It does work with RC2 and RC3.

I'm on AT&T so I'm hesitant to try it. If anyone from AT&T or T-Mobile wants to flash the Korean Radio here is the link: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Some have increased speeds by as much as 2MB. They also believe that it's an essential boost for 720p recording, which lured me in =). They have a thread going over at XDA:My 3G Speed increased from 300KBPS to 3MBPS with Radio Update! - Page 4 - xda-developers

If anyone flashes it from recovery, let me know if you see an increase in speeds.

This itself could be a separate thread, but since we are in the talks of 720p , I decided to post it here.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Very Intriguing...Time to do some homework!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Very Intriguing...Time to do some homework!
    If you flash it and see an increase, you better let us know! I want to flash it but only a handful of AT&T users have(with no issue) but I need some more feedback =p.

The radio has been out since the middle of July and people over on T-Mobile and Vodafone have been running this radio without issue. I'm a bit jealous.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Sheanzy,

Thanks for the info! BTW I meant 8:30 am to 11 PM. I have no idea where that smiley came from. That teaches me not to type and cook at the same time. At least the burgers turned out good

Now this Korean Radio...sounds tempting. I'm still in rookie status so I'm gonna wait on that. But that's wait i said about flashing kernals last week when I rooted.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

iPhoneSlayer, It's all good! 8:30AM- 11PM is what I'm talking about! For moderate-high usage, 15 hours is DAMN good! I mean, considering I would lightly use my N1 and my phone would need charged by mid-afternoon. Reminds me of my iPhone =).

This Korean radio does sound tempting. I may flash it here tomorrow and see how it goes. Then again, the speeds I'm experiencing with RC3 aren't anything I could even complain about, so what's the point? =)

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Where can I read some info on what you mean by flashing the korean radio? Some where that will break it down barney style?

I rooted and flashed my G1 back when they 1st came out switched to a N1 not even 6 months and never considered rooting it till last night after joining this forum so Im VERY new.

SRAD here u go read on, [RADIO] New N1 Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - xda-developers

Sheanzy u think i could flash this new radio, simply by putting in SD then goin on rom manager and install rom from sd?

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    SRAD here u go read on, [RADIO] New N1 Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - xda-developers

Sheanzy u think i could flash this new radio, simply by putting in SD then goin on rom manager and install rom from sd?
    What you need to do is simply drag the radio.img onto your SDcard and flash via recovery or fastboot. You should then have your new radio once your phone reboots =).

If you don't like it, or if the radio is buggy, just download the 4.0 radio and flash that back.

*NOTE: Make sure you backup all your files used Titanium Backup or some other backup application. Backup your existing ROM via ROM Manager or do a NANDROID backup. Just in case if something were to happen, then you won't be stuck in a stressful situation.

If you need any help, send me a msg on GTalk: sheanzyy@gmail.com

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links