Got Superuser But missing A few things

This is a discussion on Got Superuser But missing A few things within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, sorry for the newbish post, I've been trying to get things to work on my new N1 without success. I unlocked the bootloader and ...

Thread: Got Superuser But missing A few things

Got Superuser But missing A few things

Hi, sorry for the newbish post, I've been trying to get things to work on my new N1 without success.

I unlocked the bootloader and flashed with superboot as on modaco's site. I have the superuser.apk on the phone. However this does not seem to be enough to run some applications. One specific application wants grep installed, apparently this is currently not on my phone.

Through the reading I've done, it looks like I need to install something called busybox. For the life of me I cannot figure out, what to get where and how to install it. Some posts say this should come with the ROM that we flashed some say it has to be compiled for the phone... I'm lost. All I did so far was unlock the bootloader and use superboot. Apparently superboot does not have busybox.

Is there any way I can get busy box on my phone in the current state, download it somehow, get it on the phone somehow, or do I need to flash the phone with a ROM that contains busybox.

I'm not a big fan of fancy custom roms, and simply want to be able to install some apps with root on my 2.2 N1, nothing fancy, no real need for a custom rom except that it may contain commands like grep which I seem to be missing.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Flashing a Rom like CyanogenMod is the Easiest way to get busybox on your phone. but first you need to install a custom recovery on your phone. I would suggest you get Rom Manager from the market. Its free and you can flash Clockwork recovery right from the app. That will allow you to make Nandroid Backups. !This is a Crucial Step!

Once you are able to make nandroid backups you can flash any rom you like (for the N1). and if you Don't like it you can use nandroid to flash back to your Backup.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links