1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; These things are telling me they need busy box. No one has mentioned busy box. What do I do with that....

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

These things are telling me they need busy box. No one has mentioned busy box. What do I do with that.

Anyone have Gtalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    These things are telling me they need busy box. No one has mentioned busy box. What do I do with that.
    Just download it from the market; Titanium Backup needs it to work. I was also trying to figure out what it is exactly but I gave up. Just pretend it's like algebra or something--just follow the instructions and don't ask why.

Let it install busybox, you should redo that when you first run TB after restores.

Titanium just restores apps to phone, doesn't put them on the homescreens. If you use LauncherPro after you reboot after flashing new rom, you will be asked which desktop you want, check LP as default, it will put 99% of all screens back to the way they were. LauncherPro is a homescren app and has 15 slots across three lower screens to put apps there. I put direct dial number there in the form of family and friend pics from contacts. A big time saver.

Dragongunner, you installed a 2.1 rom. If you are going to do this, I would get the paid CW Mod and you will see the cyan CM6 RC2 latest nightlies, as shown in the video link I posted for you. You may need to install the latest radio and gapps. Gapps should show on the CW lists, don't know about radio. You may have to get that here:02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo

Scroll down and dl the radio at end of the downloads section. Use first choice. You then need to copy to sd card and rename "update" no quotes. Then you can install it from CW Recovery under the install zip from sd card line. Always backup before doing anything.

The nightly page is here:Index of /cm/nightly/
    Our phone is the passion. Same procedure as doing the radio.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

So am I flashing the clockwork before backup or backing up and than flashing clockwork

Busybox info found by a simple google search. What is Busybox? - Android Central Forums
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

When I open Titanium it says "Error: Sorry, I could not aquire root privileges. This application will *not* work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again."

I am rooted, running rooted apps fine, it asked for superuser permission and everything.

Syntax323,

Yes you need to get CW installed to get the recovery image on phone so you can do a nandroid backup. But as mnetione above, I would get Titanium if you don't already and do it's bu first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I can't open Titanium, and busybox tells me to do a backup first. I must be retarded and not meant to flash roms. If I can just get a easy step by step thing it would be easier. Guides are ridiculous and back ass words.

Put Titanium on a homescreen and click to open. Is this where you get the warning. If not click on the lower right "Problems" and install busybox. If you are running rooted apps TB should work. You can uninstall and try again. Recommend the paid version.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links